Sunday Reads: What’s going on?

Good Morning

I am so disgusted with Brazile and Warren.

I am pissed off that this latest and blatant smear campaign on Hillary Clinton followed the same MO as the Comey fuck over from last year…release some “bombshell” reported as “over the top” and “scandalous” news by MSM, which is an obvious attack on a powerful and strong woman…that turns out to be false. Yes, all the reports of rigging are fucking flat out wrong. And no, there is no taking back what all this crap of the last few days has done.

Just like with Comey’s subversive “letter” released so close to an election that saw tRump placed in office with minimal amounts of votes in key counties, what kind of effect will Brazile’s sabotage have on the important elections coming up on Tuesday?

The whole thing sounds too fucking familiar.

It all makes me ill.

Oh and by the way…

And still I am with her:

My tags while I was writing this post…

And while all this is going on, remember:

Okay, I know that most of those tweets are on the stale side, but I had to get that out of my system.

Here are some links to more recent stories:

As usual, this is an open thread.

Advertisements

39 Comments on “Sunday Reads: What’s going on?”

1. janicen says:

Speaking of tweets, Ralph just tweeted this…

Well, that alone tells you who to vote for even if you knew nothing about the policy stands of each candidate.

2. janicen says:

Hello Sky Dancers. I’m sorry I’ve been away for so long but there is only so much time in the day and we’ve been busy here in Virginia. I just wanted to assure everyone here that there is a MASSIVE grassroots effort happening here. last weekend we had 5,000 volunteers canvassing over 125k homes and this weekend there are over 6k canvassers knocking on doors in this state. Sadly, I’m not one of them because of my injured knee but I’ve been active in myriad other ways. It’s interesting that technology has advanced to such an extent that it can be an effective tool in reaching voters but in many ways it is not. We all know reaching voters via social media has become tainted and perverted by bad actors but this is the first election I’ve worked on where phone banking isn’t very effective because people do not answer the telephone if they don’t recognize the number. To be honest, I don’t either.

Anyway, lots to do and I have a bad cold I’m trying to get out of my system by Tuesday. Hubby and I will be manning a Democrat table at our polling place for several hours on election day handing out sample Democratic ballots and candy and just general good wishes. This is the first time we’ve had Democrats placed at every precinct to greet voters. Honestly, the participation is off the charts so if that’s any indication, we got this. But I’m not taking anything for granted. We all know elections can be stolen.

From that WaPo article on Trump in Asia in a speech: “History has proven over and over that the road of the tyrant is a steady march towards poverty, suffering and servitude. Oh, the irony! Also obviously written by a speechwriter, since Trump can’t say complete sentences on his own.

4. Enheduanna says:

Hope everyone has clear skies tonight for the full moon. This is cool from APOD – a look at one year’s worth of full moons (the size variations are surprising):

Be sure and click on the “lunation video” link! It shows the moon’s wobble during a month cycle:

Cool! Thanks — I usually look at APOD but missed this. So good to have other subjects to focus on rather than only the unrelenting Trumpism and CDS.

Man finally realizes what’s been going on all around him which he somehow has failed to notice until now. Good on him for writing an article on this, but millions of women have been saying this.

What I really want to draw attention to here is my initial reaction of disbelief: “Sure things are bad; but it can’t be that bad.” Even a lefty academic versed in feminist theory instinctively rebelled against the idea that rich and powerful men regularly rape or attempt to rape the women cleaning their rooms, that this happens all the time, that everyone in the hotel industry knows it happens (since they must know), and that those rich and powerful men in turn know they could get away with it because if any woman they attacked did protest too strenuously, everyone would move in lockstep to do whatever was required to make the problem go away.

It’s of course this very disbelief that allows such things to happen. We are loth to accept people we might know might practice pure, naked aggression. This is how bullies get away with what they do. I’ve written about this.

Bullying is not just a relation between bully and victim. It’s really a three-way relation, between bully, victim and everyone who refuses to do anything about the aggression; all those people who say “boys will be boys” or pretend there’s some equivalence between aggressor and aggressed.

6. Enheduanna says:

What do ya’ll think? Pelosi on the Sunday bobblehead cavalcade:

I’m actually not sure. Certainly afraid of Pence. Should tRump be forced to just resign? If impeachment isn’t the politically smart thing to do – isn’t that suspending our principles? The man is a criminal and a traitor! GAH

What? Just when I was thinking Pelosi had a spine after all. Thinking back, she was dismissive of pursuing Bush for lying to Congress and the American people IIRC.

• Enheduanna says:

Yes she’s always been reticent. I wonder if her reasoning has to do with how vindictive the GOPers are – that it would just escalate their viscous behavior against Dems in office.

Leaked “Paradise Papers” — is this new? I don’t recall reading about it earlier but there are so many legally dubious and politically sleazy deals going on.

Donald Trump’s commerce secretary, Wilbur Ross, is doing business with Vladimir Putin’s son-in-law through a shipping venture in Russia.

Leaked documents and public filings show that Ross holds a stake in a shipping company, Navigator, through a chain of offshore investments. Navigator operates a lucrative partnership with Sibur, a Russian gas company part-owned by Kirill Shamalov, the husband of Putin’s daughter Katerina Tikhonova.

Ross, a billionaire and close friend of Trump, retained holdings in Navigator even after taking office this year. The relationship means that he stands to benefit from the operations of a Russian company run by Putin’s family and close allies, some of whom are under US sanctions.

Two Russian state institutions with close ties to Vladimir Putin funded substantial investments in Twitter and Facebook through a business associate of Jared Kushner, leaked documents reveal.

The investments were made through a Russian technology magnate, Yuri Milner, who also holds a stake in a company co-owned by Kushner, Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior White House adviser.

• Enheduanna says:

Yes this is new – albeit (love using that now hahahahaha) we always knew Ross was a crook with his stakes in Cyprus banks. T

I think they’re all up to their necks in Saudi business, too.

Massachusetts woman wins NYC marathon.

9. RonStill4Hills says:

The thing is, even if they have beef with Hills for being so much more awesome than they are, Brazile and Warren had to know that this would hurt current democratic candidates. The disloyalty to the so-called resistance is staggering.

10. Minkoff Minx says:

Mass shooting in Texas. 25 killed.

11. Minkoff Minx says:

Some updates

12. Minkoff Minx says:

This is interesting:

13. RonStill4Hills says:

All weekend long as the Donna Brazile smear has been debunked by one person after another on MSNBC the network continues to display “FORMER DNC CHAIR CLAIMS CLINTON USED UNETHICAL TACTICS … blah blah blah” in the crawl on the bottom of the screen right until this very minute.

How can they debunk a lie while continuing to tell it!

Have they no decency??? At long last? Have they no decency?