Sunday Afternoon Reads: Weather is Frightful?

Good Afternoon.

Here in Banjoville, the temps outside are cold enough for flakes and flurries of snow, and inside our house…the dust from drywall is creating its own flurries. I am writing this post on my new laptop, which is still not completely set up..while I sit in a room, which is still designated a disaster zone. At least there was some promising news this weekend, you know…that bit about charges in the Mueller Grand Jury, etc. (I want to be excited. Hell, I want to be ecstatic.) But after the last couple of years, I’ve learned to count my chickens…and right now? My chickens are being incubated in very delicate eggshells. Fragile enough for a orange fucker with a dictator complex to roll over and crush, by using his outrageous corruption strangleholds, a neutered checks and balances of the Congressional system, and an unbelievably gang of stupid ass supporters to destroy any chance of “justice” we may be able to reach.

So, with that being said, here are a few links for this afternoon:

Seriously?

Someone, kill me…if that happens.

Uh, we have been in a constitutional crisis since before day one of the tRump administration.

Let’s talk about the dead in Puerto Rico:

With all this Harvey Weinstein, remember Corey?

And our last link:

I know it is a short post, and the twitter links are lame, but at least things are moving along.

This is an open thread.

Advertisements

14 Comments on “Sunday Afternoon Reads: Weather is Frightful?”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

I hope everyone is doing ok…Big deal on Tuesday
    THE OLD DARK HOUSE TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31 @ 08:00 PM (ET)

The Old Dark House (1932) – Overview – TCM.com

Be sure to watch this James Whale classic…it is delicious.

• Enheduanna says:

Thanks for the tip JJ! That does sound good.

Twitters are good – I don’t go on except to peek at others’ comments so I appreciate you guys following what’s being said. I guess I’m just anti-social at heart so no social media for me.

tRump seems to me to be inciting violence in the “DO SOMETHING” tweet. Who else is he talking to but his 2nd amendment followers?

All that tantrumming makes it more obvious he’s not fit to be President. I think it’s a sign he’s more worried, which means Mueller is homing in on him.

I have this on VHS. LOL

Posting tweets is an easy way to highlight a story with links without having to put all that blasted cut and paste and html codes in. So I’m fine with it.

And here’s one where you MUST read the comments.

4. Sweet Sue says:

That article about Catherine Corless and written by Dan Barry was one of the best newspaper pieces that I’ve ever read. I’m trying not to cry because how will tears help all those poor, little children?

5. quixote says:

The links are NOT lame. Good post, and thanks for going to the trouble!

6. Fannie says:

Super links today………….and the sonvabitch wants us to do something! We are locking the ashol up.

Paul Manafort and Rick Gates have surrendered to the FBI. They will appear in court today. The indictments have been released.

We will have a post up sometime this afternoon. By then we’ll know a lot more. Both Dakinikat and I have things we have to do this morning, but will be back by early afternoon.