Wednesday Reads: Diary of a Madman

Thank the gawds above, this crappy motel has TCM…and it is the best time of the year for classic movies. Halloween.

It’s been almost two months without my old movies. I’ve missed them.

But back to the, de Loco….

No, not that madman…this one:

Oof, that is a big mouth.

More cartoons:

The Buffalo News

This is an open thread.

Advertisements

23 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Diary of a Madman”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

I had a hard time finding cartoons for this post. I think even the political cartoonist are in shock with the latest shit that has been going on lately….

-JJ Walts Sent from my iPhone

2. Enheduanna says:

Happy Wednesday to everyone – it’s a chilly beautiful autumn morning here.

Just saw this at Shakesville:

Yep – G HW Bush! From a wheelchair! GAH

Fats Domino: Rock and roll legend dies aged 89

Fats Domino, one of the most influential rock and roll performers of the 1950s and 60s, has died aged 89.
    The American rock and roll artist was best known for his songs Ain’t That A Shame and Blueberry Hill.

The New Orleans singer sold more than 65 million records, outselling every 1950s rock and roll act except Elvis Presley.

His million-selling debut single, The Fat Man, is credited by some as the first ever rock and roll record.

An official from New Orleans coroner’s office confirmed the death, which was earlier announced by Domino’s daughter to a local television station.

Classic song, and you can see he’s just having a party with his band and the audience!

• Fannie says:

One of many songs that I really loved dancing to as I was growing up in the St. Thomas Projects.

• Joanelle says:

One of my first dates with the guy who became my husband for the last 53 years was to a Fats Domino concert. Fats was Ian incredible entertainer, and yes, Luna, he just had fun making music and totally enjoyed the music he made and the fun the thousands in the crowd around him was having.

JJ, glad you can access TCM!

NAACP warns black passengers of flying American Airlines after ‘disturbing incidents’

The group said it had issued a “national travel advisory” in response to what it described as “disrespectful, discriminatory or unsafe conditions” for African Americans traveling on the world’s largest airline.

“The NAACP for several months now has been monitoring a pattern of disturbing incidents reported by African American passengers, specific to American Airlines,” the organization said in a release.

6. Sweet Sue says:

Professional Hillary hater, Mark Halperin, is a pussy grabber. Quelle surprise.

• RonStill4Hills says:

Fuck him too. Chickens (cocks) coming home to roost. Denials of sexism and misogyny in the so called liberal media are sounding a little hollow now. Many hate women and are now being exposed. Good.

• Enheduanna says:

Wow. I thought he was a jerk before hearing this.