Sunday Reads: Love is the Seventh Wave

D7BC3960-47AE-469E-9F22-3688EABCC81D

Well, one thing about being without internet or cell service…I am getting to listen to my music again. One of the songs in my list of purchased music is Love Is The Seventh Wave by Sting. It came out in 1985 from his first solo album, Dream of the Blue Turtles.

So optimistic….see what I mean.

Take a look at the lyrics:

In the empire of the senses
You’re the queen of all you survey
All the cities all the nation
Everything that falls your way
There is a deeper world than this
That you don’t understand
There is a deeper world that this
Tugging at your hand
Every ripple on the ocean
Every leaf on every tree
Every sand dune in the desert
Every power we never see
There is a deeper wave than this
Swelling in the world
There is a deeper wave than this
Listen to me girl
Feel it rising in the cities
Feel it sweeping over land
Over borders, over frontiers
Nothing will its power withstand
There is no deeper wave than this
Rising in the world
There is no deeper wave than this
Listen to me girl
All the bloodshed all the anger
All the weapons all the greed
All the armies all the missiles
All the symbols of that fear
There is a deeper wave than this
Rising in the world
There is a deeper wave than this
Listen to me girl
At the still point of destruction
At the center of the fury
All the angels all the devils
All around us can’t you see
There is a deeper wave than this
Rising in the land
There is a deeper wave than this
Nothing will withstand
I say love is the seventh wave
Songwriters: Gordon Sumner
Love Is the Seventh Wave lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
It is a nice thought, isn’t it?
Wait, maybe a line from Hemingway is better….
Isn’t it pretty to think so?
Love is not going to save us from the orange asshole and his disgusting klan of hateful Republicans. It is way to late for any of us to make it out unscathed.
Well, quoting the lyrics from another song in the same album…
Consider me gone!
This is an open thread.

28 Comments on “Sunday Reads: Love is the Seventh Wave”

Good morning, Sky Dancers! Hang in there, and we will survive Trump somehow.

2. RonStill4Hills says:

Love doesn’t conquer hate so much as outlast it…we will win, hate will lose.
    Love is self propagating, hate is self consuming.
    Love builds, hate destroys
    Love is life, hate is death
    Stronger together, believe it!!!!

3. Enheduanna says:

Hope everyone’s weekend is going well. It’s a stunning day here in ATL – cool breezes and sunshine. I think PR is looking at even more rain. I’d give anything to send them our weather (we could use a little rain).

Ron – I’m thinking about hate too. I am struck by two examples of the venom and hatred this administration has wrought on us all. First – this is just petty and evil:

At First Draft, a very astute look at what tRump gives his supporters:

Where does that kind of hate come from?

• RonStill4Hills says:

It isn’t even relevant opposition research, like:

“Psychologist Reveals Mayor of Juan is Pathological Liar” or “Puerto Rican Archivist Reveals Mayor of San Juan is a Serial Disaster Mis-Manager!”

All he is proving is that she knew he was a piece of shit before knowing was cool.

But to answer your question, I am going the guess that that kind of hate comes from decades of unearned privilege.

Look at what Melania said about him, “When someone hits him he hits back with good works and the truth…” Oh wait she actually said he “hits back ten times harder.” Like the mafia,

“If anybody complains they get hit so hard they never complain again,” – Henry Hill, Goodfellas.

Like a Mafia Don, Trump has a pathological fear of exposure. He knows what’s behind his facade. He knows what a despicable cut-throat piece of garbage he is, his father was and his sons have become. Silk and lace covered parasites,

The hate for people like Hillary, Obama, even John McCain, comes from the fact that people admire them, and for legitimate reason. Trump has Stage Four Malignant Jealousoma for anyone who shows him up for what he is. And as noted before, especially anyone non-white or female.

• Sweet Sue says:

Great analysis.

• Enheduanna says:

“Silk and lace covered parasites” – BAM!

My sister once told me her observation was the people who loved tRump were weak. His supporters are paranoid and fearful because they are weak. And look at his administration – they’re all grifters or were handed their entitled lives on a silver platter. None of them have a strong moral center.

Speaking of grifters:

• RonStill4Hills says:

But crooked Hillary right? Old game…accuse someone else of what you yourself are guilty. Laughing stock Trump Foundation jumps on the Clinton Cash bandwagon of lies about the 5 star platinum rated Clinton Foundation. I can only hope that the sheer tonnage of corruption will force the “watchdogs” to take notice, even if they really really
          don’t want to.

I think they like it best when the crimes are undeniable, but recourse is unavailable. Like expose Trump after the repugnicans retain the house and impeachment is impossible.

• gregoryp says:

I’ll agree with that but they are also very dangerous.

• gregoryp says:

I clicked on that 2nd link and perused some of that list. I feel dirty now. I just “love” the ideology these idiots espouse. A strong military again? Oh my, we can kill all sentient life off of this planet with no problems. We have used atomic weapons in the past, white phosphorous, agent orange, napalm. Nothing we won’t or can’t do to kill brown skinned folks. These folks hate all of us. Why? No particular reason. They just do. When someone tells me they want political correctness to go away I know they are just telling me they want to be free to deliver hate speech with no repercussions. These folks are vile and we best be getting off our asses and put these assholes in check lest they get the upper hand and turn this country into a real American Horror Story.

• Enheduanna says:

What I liked about that post was the fact that he’s failed at all those promises – but what he’s doing for them is making them feel better.

We do have to put this element in check. All we can do is shun them.

• joanelle says:

I can’t image where it comes from Enheduanna

4. Wow! Forgot about this song! Thank you!

5. Fannie says:

Bobbing around to the beat of Sting, on this the first day of October.

I’m missing my president …

7. Sweet Sue says:

Terrible, terrible day. What will it take?

8. RonStill4Hills says:

Did the shooter leave any indication why he did this?