Wednesday Reads: Big Mouth … Speak Up

Sorry, let’s make this an open thread.

Advertisements

22 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Big Mouth … Speak Up”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Too much going on, will try to get with you later.

Until then please post something.

I hope things go well, or at least repairs can go as smoothly as possible when your home is smashed by a big tree in a hurricane.

• Enheduanna says:

Sending good thoughts to you JJ. Pines are the first things to go in a storm. It’s good that one is gone now and nobody got hurt.

Hang in there, JJ! We love you.

• Minkoff Minx says:

Love you all. My mom knew something bad was going to happen after the eclipse. Bad omen she said from the beginning of the year. Both me and her had a premonition a tree would fall on the house that night. The tree folks who cleaned up that huge thing said the tree was more like 100 feet tall. Three more trees fell on the property but at least none hit the house. One did hit the storage box my dad has by his jeep. It is a mess.

3. RonStill4Hills says:

The picture speaks volumes. Well done.

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

5. Sweet Sue says:

Great Anderson Cooper interview with Hillary Clinton.
    The moment that moldy piece of shit, Carl Bernstein opened his mouth, it was time for me to go. Why does CNN need to have a talking heads coda to such a wonderful piece? Yes, I know, because they will never admit to how hard they worked to pave the way for Donald Trump.
    Day after day, breathless coverage of Trump’s rallies from before his private jet landed to the last reluctant handshake.
    Hillary! Nothing except the emails.
    Bernstein said that Hillary won’t admit it’s her fault that Trump is in the White House?? Hell, no, Carl, it’s your fault, it’s CNN’s fault, it’s MSNBC’s fault, it’s WikiLeaks fault, it’s Putin’s fault and it is Comey’s fault. But most of all, it’s the Media’s fault and they just can’t bear to look at that.

• Jslat says:

I used the mute button every time Bernstein opened his mouth. His relevance is negligible.

• Fannie says:

I was so pissed, my power went out last night. I didn’t catch it, and going to website, it is so shitty, that I just got out of there. You are absolutely right……………thanks Sweet Sue.

“Rejecting austerity”

Guess Putin didn’t stuff quite enough ballot boxes. Wonder what this will amount to, before councilmembers from the wrong party start falling out of apartment buildings.

9. RonStill4Hills says:

Senator Tim Scott, the only black Republican in the US Senate, met with Orange Foolius to provide cover…I mean to have discussions…on race. In the photo of the meeting the White H incorrectly identifies Scott as “TOM.”.

Hmm, innocent mistake? Freudian slip? Quasi-racist snark? Poetic justice?

Who’s to say?

They’ve screwed up names and titles so often that it’s hard to say if it’s anything other than their incompetence and laziness.

Someone pointed out that in the photo Drumpf is wearing a mismatched suit — navy suit jacket with black trousers. Lol.

10. RonStill4Hills says:

Reading and enjoying. Hills is the best. I followed the example of some of you guys here and bought my copies from a brick and mortar bookstore.

I buy many things from Amazon but not books. Not anymore. I value the experience of browsing the bookstore very much. I would hate to see that go away.

I value the experience of browsing the bookstore

Same here. There’s something about being able to look at the tangible book, the ambience of a space with full bookshelves, and being able to pick up and glance through a book myself that’s impossible to duplicate online.