Wednesday Reads: COVFEFE? Hump Day Cartoons

#COVFEFE

The latest in a never-ending list of fuck-ups from Kremlin tRump.

What the hell else can be expected?

Franken mocks Trump’s ‘covfefe’ tweet | TheHill

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) on Wednesday mocked President Trump for his late Wednesday tweet that appeared to be unfinished and included the word “covfefe” in an apparent typo.

“A covfefe is a Yiddish term for ‘I got to go to bed now,'” Franken joked during an interview on CNN’s “New Day.”

“I think … he got that from Jared, I guess,” he added, referring to Jared Kushner, the White House senior adviser and Trump’s son-in-law. Kushner is Jewish.

“I think this is the least disturbing thing in the history of the Trump administration,” he joked.

“Covfefe” became the No. 1 trend on Twitter across the U.S. early Wednesday morning after Trump sent out what appeared to be an unfinished tweet with a typo.

“Despite the constant negative press covfefe,” Trump tweeted shortly after midnight.

Trump deleted the tweet just before 6 a.m.

And replaced it with this shit:

Trump targets ‘negative press covfefe’ in garbled midnight tweet that becomes worldwide joke – The Washington Post

I really hate this man.

Trump tweets ‘covfefe,’ inspiring a semi-comedic act of Congress – The Washington Post

10 Companies That Have Hilariously Jumped on Trump’s ‘Covfefe’ Gaffe | Alternet

Take a look at the links to see responses and tweets to this #covfefe.

Now for the cartoons.

Body Slam: 05/30/2017 Cartoon by Rob Rogers

Cartoon by Rob Rogers - Body Slam

2017: a disgrace odyssey: 05/31/2017 Cartoon by Steve Artley

Cartoon by Steve Artley - 2017: a disgrace odyssey

Back Channel: 05/31/2017 Cartoon by Rob Rogers

Cartoon by Rob Rogers - Back Channel

05/30/2017 Cartoon by Matt Wuerker

Cartoon by Matt Wuerker -

I’m so tired…it is not funny anymore.

Anyway.

This is an open thread….

Advertisements

35 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: COVFEFE? Hump Day Cartoons ”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

I hope everyone is having a decent day. I just can’t take anymore of this shit. So I will disappear into my family for now.

Love you sweetie! Take care!!! Go have a cup of COVFEFE!

• Enheduanna says:

JJ take care of yourself! Hope your Mom is doing well.

It is hard to laugh for sure. I am still very hopeful we’ll be rid of this lunacy soon.

• Fannie says:

We hear you……………tell you what Hillary Clinton’s talk in Rancho Palo Verdes today really lifted me up. I was thinking exactly what she was about to say. It also brought tears, and touched the deepest part of me that has been so “angry”. If it’s not up, we need to post the speech.

I am still with HILL.

((hugs))

3. Minkoff Minx says:

I think this is a perfect response:

• Enheduanna says:

Good one!

They’ll milk Kathi Griffin’s mistake for all it’s worth – dragging it out for as long as they can – keeping it front and center – thus negating the entire premise that they think it’s harming “the children”.

• Fannie says:

I don’t remember what date it was (I did report the incident here), but I was on the phone to the woman who allowed Pres. Obama to be run down by a bull at the Missouri Rodeo Fair. I remember very well, she and I had a blow out over the phone, and I told her she allowed for dehumanizing of our President for the whole world to see. As it was, the next day, I called her again, and she started crying, because her husband had listened to her over the phone, and her children had too, and they told her she was wrong, and that who ever that lady who called was owed an apology. Somehow we managed to get through that second phone call, and no it was never put to rest, because the damaged had been done. Trump’s birther movement caused even more damage to the daughters, and families of Obama.

I can’t help but wonder how Trump’s son feel about the comment his father made when he said he could shoot someone down on 25th Avenue and they’d still support him. Not to mention, how many parents had to talk to their children, and school children about the bullying Trump was exposing during the campaign. And yes, les we forget, he degraded women, Mexicans, and people of color with his people in the klandom.

• teele says:

What kind of shitty parent let’s his ten-year old have free access to the internet? The idea that Barron would have seen that speaks volumes about the quality of this man as a father.

When they complain about Coulter and Nugent and Nugent doesn’t get invites to the White House, I’ll find sympathy. Right now, I’m fingering the world’s smallest violin …

• jan says:

I keep thinking that old saying from when I was a kid, “he can dish it out but he can’t take it”. Definition of bully, definition of coward.

Saw this interview … we really missed out

• Earlynerd says:

And she still did not nor will ever call out Obama on his complete lack of courage. In her circs and on her terms, that would have lacked grace.

Absolutely loved hearing her calling out the reThugs and also giving no ground whatsoever to that quisling female in the interview.

Somewhere someone who is a far better writer than I ever will be will write this novel.

• Fannie says:

Lordy, here they are on the media, doing exactly what they did to her during the election. Steve Kornacky, said Hillary Clinton gave all the reasons she failed, but didn’t go far enough in blaming her failure on the fact that she was part of the establishment, that she didn’t try to attack the financial institutions. That another lie. She wasn’t part of the establishment, because she wasn’t a male. Steve didn’t mention that. Steve was trying to pitch for Sanders. She spent a lot of time working out policy and presenting it, and she said yesterday that in the entire time only 32 minutes was spent by the media on her policies. She compared that to the pass elections where much more time was given to the policies. I think this election gave Trump all the attention, thinking he was so friggin’ entertaining.

Another guy this morning comes up telling us how she was never likeable, and never really won anything. You know it same damn thing the republicans have done for 30 years, same thing over and over.

Hillary Clinton was the candidate, why must the media make it sound like she was trashing the DNC yesterday. Hillary Clinton is a giver, and not a taker like most other candidates! The DNC does have some issues, and so do democrats.

I lost a friend, I thought she was a friend, because I shared a photos of Pres. Obama that were posted in communities, in websites and news, showing him being lynched. She proceeded to tell me how tasteless I was, and I am the one who responded to most of these photos with a sign having X, no lyching at anytime. I am the one who made calls to stop the racism, and we see this kind of promotion of hate and violence everyday. However, it was pointed out that I was not a classy liberal. The problem with dems, is they are out to air brush other dems, and box them in. I may not be classy, but I tell it like it is. Dems better stop this kind of bullshit. I always believed Hillary Clinton took the high road, but not that we have been pissed on, and shit on, it’s time to RESIST. And remember Hillary Clinton won by 3 million voters. My rant……..now on to doctor.

• Enheduanna says:

Fannie – there was another one, a regular but I can’t recall his name, on with Ari Melber who was subbing for Rachel – and he got almost vicious about how every time Hillary gets trotted out it’s a “win” for Team Trump. His whole demeanor changed and he looked angry. It was a huge “tell” – I’ve seen that hostility from men before.

But YAY! Joe Biden has started his PAC for 2020…..{eye-rolls here}

• Fannie says:

For sure. Didn’t know he was running 2020. I’d vote for him, but I hope others are out too.

I really think all this asshole wants to do us undo anything Obama did … racist fuck

He’s so insecure and reactive. He is going down in history as an epic loser.

• quixote says:

The backstory on those compounds is that they were apparently known listening posts for Russian intelligence. (So why did the US just let them keep doing that? Beats me. Maybe if they knew where the listening posts are, it’s easier to control what they hear.) Anyway, point being that kicking them out was a lot more than just kicking out a few diplomats.

And the fact that Donny “Two Scoops” wants to give them back their *known spying locations* is also more significant than the mere real estate.

• Fannie says:

The Russians have an open door, front and back to the White House.

8. Fannie says:

Texas has a bill that anybody in Texas, from the telephone operator, to the person who accepted the check at the bank, would be prosecuted with a felony in any abortion cases!

If a man or doctor or your Grandma drove her to the appointment, they will be hit with a felony.

Can you believe this nonsense.