Wednesday Reads: tRumpy + Bibi BFF …Hump Day Cartoons

Anyone with half of a brain can see it…well, maybe that is giving some dumbasses too much credit.

‘Pope looks like he’s being held against his will’: The internet goes nuts over Trump’s weird Vatican photos

Donald Trump and some of his family members met Pope Francis — and social media users couldn’t help but notice the Holy Father didn’t look too happy about it.

Trump appeared grinning in photos with the Pope, whose dour expression never changed, and both first lady Melania Trump and Ivanka Trump wore black veils.

See what I mean. That picture is everything.

Want a close-up?

Funny how just a few hours ago this was the image that seemed to define the trip so far:

tRump’s trip to places not America isn’t going well, not that I expected anything less. Honestly, this picture above is a perfect showcase of the orange idiot’s true mental capacity….as the image made its way across the social media scene. This was what tRump wrote as his parting thought when he signed Israeli Holocaust Memorial Guestbook. Imagine, the only thing tRump left out of this Happy Yearbook sign off was the tRumpy BFF Bibi inside a big heart.

Seriously…he put exclamation points! WTF!!!!

Here is a side by side of Obama’s message compared to tRump.

It isn’t like this is the only news out there:

Now on the cartoons because what else can you say about that?

HOMEGROWN TERRORISTS: 05/24/2017 Cartoon by Deb Milbrath

Cartoon by Deb Milbrath - HOMEGROWN TERRORISTS

TRUMPNADO: 05/17/2017 Cartoon by Deb Milbrath

Cartoon by Deb Milbrath - TRUMPNADO

I have to post this now…power is going out…bad storms.

This is an open thread.

Advertisements

52 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: tRumpy + Bibi BFF …Hump Day Cartoons ”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Hey ho…some of the links up there need to be clicked so you can see the full cartoon. I will usually put up the complete image but with this storm knocking out the power I didn’t have time.

hey … how are you!! Here’s something that we all can laugh at and cry at the same time!!!!

His old tweets are a gold mine!

• Minkoff Minx says:

tRump…what an asshole.

I’m okay. My mom hasn’t been able to get her chemo for the past 2 weeks. A couple of days ago she started throwing up and started swelling in her abdomen again. I hope she can get her chemo this week.

Other than that…I’m missing my brother so much.

Bebe is graduating this week, she had her dress rehearsal today…for the walk. It will be so nice to finally get through the week. Love y’all.

You put together an awesome selection of cartoons again, JJ!

I really hope your mom’s nausea eases and the fluid? whatever’s causing the swelling goes down and she can resume chemo. There’s your girl Bebe going to graduate! Congratulations. Of course you think about your brother and how you miss him. May the good memories of your brother outbalance the sadness of losing him.

Take care, and love back at ya!

• Fannie says:

Hope your Mom gets her treatment. Congrats to your beautiful daughter.

• Enheduanna says:

Can you imagine admitting how much you are in love with yourself in the same breath as trying to compliment the POPE? hahahaha JFC

• Enheduanna says:

Hope you keep your electricity JJ. Looks like we’re just about to get hit here in ATL.

Thanks for the toons and I hope your Mom is better very soon.

Trump’s magic-math disease is infecting more agency directors!

“We are not going to let the fact there are not additional monies right now to prevent us from offering these additional services,” Shulkin said.

Says a lot that nearly 40% of American children are on Medicaid. Yet the Greedy Old Party wants to rip even that away. As for keeping promises? That was so pre-election.

Sheer coincidence. /s

EU declared Monsanto weedkiller safe after intervention from controversial US official

Exclusive: European Food Safety Authority dismissed a study linking glyphosate to cancer following counsel with an EPA official allegedly linked to the company and who figures in more than 20 lawsuits.

…The WHO’s pesticides panel ruled last May that glyphosate was probably not carcinogenic to humans through diet, a year after the WHO’s cancer arm came to the opposite conclusion.

• quixote says:

The GMO “debate” drives me nuts. We started with glowing predictions about getting rid of some serious eye problems with Vit A modified rice, aka golden rice. Which would have been great. It’s, like, 0.0013% of genetically modified crops. (I’m making that number up. What I mean is: tiny percentge.)

Meanwhile, 75%-80% of GM food is RoundUp-resistant (=glyphosate-resistant) soybeans etc. Monsanto owns the patents on BOTH the glyphosate herbicides and the resistant seeds. That, aside from any biological issues, would seem to be a huge, massive, bad economic issue. It’s exactly equivalent to a drug pusher creating an (unnecessary!) addiction only he can supply.

Then, the single biggest problem with dumping vast quantities of herbicide as a standard farming practice is it degrades the quality of the food, as well as degrades the environment, and ruins the farmer’s land over not very many years. That’s not Monsanto’s problem, of course.

And then, after all that, comes the fact that Monsanto had (I think it was) a three-month time frame on their “no cancer in our lab rats what’s your problem” testing for the US government permits. The same ones they’re now using to bludgeon the Europeans and the WHO and their two-year studies.

Anyway, I’ll stop here. I could go on for thousands of words….

• Fannie says:

No Roundup………..don’t want it near my food chain, or gardening.

Yeah, the “no evidence of cancer above rate of placebo in the pivotal trials….” because they’re short-term trials! Very few types of cancers zoom from a few atypical cells to a few neoplastic cells to zillions of neoplastic cells in a few months, or even in 2 years. The latter appears to be the longest these trials lasted. Mice and rats don’t live as long as humans, but why worry about the difference?

Quick PubMed search brought up a number of unsetting articles, including this consensus statement from Canadian, UK, and US environmental & public health scientists:

Concerns over use of glyphosate-based herbicides and risks associated with exposures: a consensus statement.

….(1) GBHs are the most heavily applied herbicide in the world and usage continues to rise; (2) Worldwide, GBHs often contaminate drinking water sources, precipitation, and air, especially in agricultural regions; (3) The half-life of glyphosate in water and soil is longer than previously recognized; (4) Glyphosate and its metabolites are widely present in the global soybean supply; (5) Human exposures to GBHs are rising; (6) Glyphosate is now authoritatively classified as a probable human carcinogen; (7) Regulatory estimates of tolerable daily intakes for glyphosate in the United States and European Union are based on outdated science.

There are also a bunch of studies with opposite conclusions from (at a glance) what look like reputable research organizations. Scanning quickly, there is mention of various neoplasms and other pathology found (the noncancer pathologys are ignored which seems weird to me), but dismissed because “These tumors appeared to be incidental and not compound-related, as their frequency of occurrence was not dependent on dose.” Meaning, basically, that since the researchers couldn’t figure out a dose-dependent response, they considered the tumors not related to the glyphosate.

Also frequent mention of “the lack of a plausible mechanism,” — which means that because they couldn’t figure out a theory of causation, or else thought the causation theory was improbable, that meant there could not be a connection.

Welp. Now why do I seem to recall that as science advances, we often find ourselves surprised by evidence for processes that seemed unbelievable a few decades or centuries earlier? All those watch factory girls and women painting radioactive paint on watch hands so they’d glow in the dark, and years later they implausibly developed hand and mouth cancers. Nah, my liberal imagination must be overactive.

CBO and JCT estimate that enacting the American Health Care Act would reduce federal deficits by $119 billion over the coming decade and increase the number of people who are uninsured by 23 million in 2026 relative to current law.

• Fannie says:

I couldn’t believe the media saying that it wasn’t about her clothes, but the presentation in regards to those in power. She looks ugly.

• quixote says:

I laughed out loud at that one. People started looking at me. “What’s with the widow’s dress?” “Well, you know what they say. Dress for the job you want.”

Hahahahahahaha. It’s funny because it’s true. I’m firmly convinced she’s just hanging on waiting for the reading of the will.

Invanka’s veil looks like a teen vampire’s version of a bridal veil, up in that photo with the whole Trumpish family & grim Pope.

Two breaking stories, right on schedule:

WaPo: How a dubious Russian document influenced the FBI’s handling of the Clinton probe.

Looks like Comey deserved to be fired.

First on CNN: AG Sessions did not disclose meetings with Russian officials, DOJ says.

This was on his security clearance application! Lock him up!

• Fannie says:

I read that article, and I just couldn’t believe that an email changed this nation from a democracy to someone like TRUMP.

The whole administration is fully corrupt.

Great post and cartoons, JJ. I hope your mom can get her chemo soon. Congrats to Bebe.

13. roofingbird says:

I don’t think I have told you all lately, how much I appreciate your efforts on this blog. Between the three of you it’s always varied and interesting, not to mention informative. Thank you.

14. roofingbird says:

Is that second line on the signature Melania’s? i couldn’t tell tell, but clearly someone has trouble with the word “trump”. Re: the Pope’s pics, it looks like the Munsters visited. However, I like the tweet about dressing for the job you want.

Now another big breaking story.

NYT: Top Russian Officials Discussed How to Influence Trump Aides Last Summer

okay, stranger than truth .,, oh wait, it is TRUTH

I’d just like to say all this is just exhausting me … I think I’ve started to age in this new time warp we’ve entered … I feel WAY older today then I did even 8 months ago

• roofingbird says:

Yeah..I don’t see it in your photos, but I know what you mean. Also, this political mess has accompanied a whole lot of personal mess for many of us. The universe is definitely screaming and synchronicity is it’s cry.

My neighborhood appears to be seeing it. I’m being called Miss Kathy these days which means I’ve crossed over into old lady land in the South.

Oh, me too. And I don’t think or concentrate nearly as well. Plus I recently acquired yet another pre-existing condition which means that if I have to pay for health insurance on my own in the Trumpcare era I’d have to sell my house for a year of coverage, from what I can tell. So, lalalalala, I may as well look at my remaining life as an unknown number of dramatic acts in a Theatre of the Absurd.

18. Minkoff Minx says:

I have to share this cartoon because it is spot on:

19. RonStill4Hills says:

Our friends the Brits have said they cannot afford to share terror information with us. Good grief.

You’d think Huma was emailing their intelligence to Weiner.

SMH.

This division of allies from Trump’s blathering is just another benefit to the Russians.