Thursday Reads: Just do it already!

I don’t know about y’all…but I’m tired of this shit!

If you say you are going to do it…do it!

And then there is this…

And for the final Tweet link of the day…

Now since y’all got stuck with me again today…yeah, if you didn’t notice, I’m covering for Boston Boomer today. (I’ve tried to get this post written for the last six hours, but my motivation is seriously lacking.)

Taking the easy way out, here are some cartoons that we can enjoy today. A left over from yesterday.

This is an open thread….

Advertisements

26 Comments on “Thursday Reads: Just do it already!”

1. Enheduanna says:

Thanks for covering JJ – I hope BB is OK! I’m sure today will be a roller-coaster ride as they all seem to be.

It hadn’t occurred to me the Russian Foreign Ministry photogs could be planting bugs in Der Drumpfs office.

I am hoping against hope his base can finally see what an idiot they elected. Too stupid to even predict the blow-back he’d get from firing Comey.

Oh and those Spiegel toons are a new level of scathing! hahahaha

Thanks for the ‘toons — we need the satirical laughter now.

I’m OK! Thank you so much for doing this, JJ!

I had to go to court again. They sold the house long ago and this horrible judge keeps making us come back in to the Land Court. Every time we go we have to take a taxi and it costs $100. And I’m not even a party to the lawsuit! He dragged us in there today and it turned out all he wanted to do was set a date for another hearing! He wanted to make us all come in and testify on the witness stand. This guy is so drunk with power he reminds me of tRump.

Afterwards, the lawyers–four of them–went into a room and hammered out an agreement to divide the spoils. One of them was new to the case, and I told her the judge isn’t going to be happy. He wants to bring us back in over and over again. And I was right. The judge was furious that they had worked out an agreement without him! All the lawyers think he’s crazy. I knew it the first day.

That sounds awful, BB. It’s exhausting to go through that kind of mental turmoil, not to mention the time and money wasted.

It’s a nightmare. My sister in law has been dealing with these two houses since 2006! It takes years to get through probate, etc. It’s insane.

• Fannie says:

I can see why you are angry, if all they do is put you on the calendar! Hang in there BB.

This post is unreal. I was only gone for a few hours, and most of this stuff is new to me. Has there been a single day in the tRump regime when something shocking didn’t happen?

Lolololol:

• quixote says:

I think it was SophieCT over on the electric twitter machine who said, “If I understand this right, today the prez* and his staff learned that cameras take pictures.”

(I paraphrase. She said it better.)

What’s at stake for domestic violence survivors under Trump?
    Despite the Violence Against Women Act’s effectiveness, it faces conservative opposition

…Local domestic violence shelters are forced to turn away 10 to 20 victims for every one they accept, and waiting lists are growing for people who need counseling or legal advocacy, she said.

If VAWA and other programs for victims and families are slashed, “We would see many more people having to decide to stay with violent abusers rather than risk being homeless or not being able to feed their kids,” Cousin says.

In King County, [WA] 61 percent of felony assault charges filed last year were related to domestic violence — that’s 872 charges in total, according to numbers provided by the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. The same percentage applies to the number of resolved felony assault cases relating to domestic violence.

But those numbers don’t reflect the true frequency of the crime, as domestic violence and sexual assault are among the most underreported crimes in the United States, national domestic violence experts say.

The Hill: The Feds have ‘Trump tapes’ akin to Nixon’s ‘Watergate tapes’

Also there was an FBI raid at a Republican fund-raising firm in Maryland that is associated with Manafort.

9. joaenlle says:

How stupid do they think the “public” is and how much more do they think they can get away with?
    When will they realize that the whole Republican party is screwed because of this dolt?

10. Minkoff Minx says:

Fucking this:

I know they were making fun of the certified letter thing last night on Twitter. But this is gold:

11. Minkoff Minx says:

This is happening. He is tweeting