Wednesday Reads: History Repeating… Hump Day Cartoons

Think of tRump and his Regime as

Super Horse…

Nothing to see here:

After the Tuesday Massacre a lot of newsy people were using Nixon as a callback…a reference to history repeating.

History News Network | The Firing of the FBI Director: What Historians Are Saying on Social Media

(Historians are not so quick to make that assessment.)

I actually think this is much worse…

But I have to say…I love the little hands flipping the bird, yeah…that is tRump alright. Giving us the old “Fuck You America!”

In other troubling news:

Oh yeah….by the way…

Bottom line:

Here are your cartoons for today:

From last week, this cartoon seems strange now:

I will go ahead and hit publish on this post…because so much is fucking going on:

tRump is also re-tweeting Drudge report….ugh.

Y’all know what to do…it is an open thread!

Advertisements

38 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: History Repeating… Hump Day Cartoons ”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Shit, fuck and double fuck!

I could find some more cartoons but I thought it would be best to post the damn thing.

Can you believe what is happening?

• Minkoff Minx says:

Just updated the post with copies of tRump tweets.

• Enheduanna says:

JJ! Happy Wednesday – I love cartoon day! I guess we can thank tRump for being so easy to lampoon.

So I switched from cable news last night to watch a foreign drama program I like to stream for one hour – back to cable and BAM WTF? You literally cannot go away for an hour without this fool doing something.

I just hope this firing brings the status of the Russia investigations to a head – there is no other course but a special prosecutor. It will be interesting watching the GOPer congresscritters squirm today.

• Minkoff Minx says:

I don’t know, it doesn’t look like GOP is doing anything about it….

From someone I trust on FB:

Art Pronin
        5 mins ·
        Sen Mitch McConnell- says Comey fired over Hillary emails, time we move on to AHCA. Sen Rand Paul says Dems whined about Comey so they should be thrilled. #isthisthetitanic

I think he is right…it is over. To me…if those are indeed the remarks from McConnell, my guess is Ryan will follow suit. I’m off to hide under the covers and scan twitter. Catch y’all later. I’ve got to go take my Prozac.

2. Fannie says:

Good Morning JJ………..I am not surprised at Trump and the klandom. Loved the cartoons, and tweets, and sharing. I’ll be listening to white boys blame it all on Obama, and the democrats.

3. Enheduanna says:

P.S. the childish taunting of Blumenthal – the childish taunting of Huma and Hillary over the concession phone call in November – says everything you need to know about the emotional level of this administration. It is frightening we are being lead by emotionally stunted and very warped authoritarians.

MAGA-fied toddler tantrums. Would-be tyrant is pissed-off that citizens dare to object.
      This country’s founders did not imagine that so many in Congress would be cowed and/or bought so easily.

4. Minkoff Minx says:

Some tweets of note:

Something is very wrong here, not that we didn’t already know that.

Comey Will No Longer Give Scheduled Testimony Before Senate Intel Committee

Former FBI Director James Comey will not testify in an open session of the Senate Intelligence Committee that was scheduled for Thursday.

“Comey was terminated last night,” the panel’s chair Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) told reporters on Wednesday. “The chair will be filled by the acting director of the FBI.”

Comey has been invited to testify. This hearing is not specifically about the Russia investigation. It’s a yearly report.

• Enheduanna says:

From the article:

“Is it possible that the president kept his national security adviser in the White House for 18 days after he’d been warned by the acting attorney general that he had been “compromised” and was vulnerable to “blackmail” by Russia because he had authorized the conversations in question?”

Not only possible but likely.

• quixote says:

I have to say, I come from blunter stock. (Not sure which stock, but blunter, for sure.) US media is always dancing around the issues until you (well, I) start to wonder whether they really don’t know what’s going on or it’s just rude to say it out loud.

Hello?

Flynn was Trump’s (main?) conduit to Putin.

He wanted him as veep. He knew all about phone calls and god-knows-what-all. He didn’t want to get rid of him until the media started laughing at him. That he couldn’t handle even for Putin.

And Trump, this is the same Trump, is supposed to get all bent out of shape because Flynn might be a conduit to Russia.

The media are either stupid, or this is their mealymouthed way of saying, “Flynn was Trump’s conduit to Putin.”

• Enheduanna says:

Mealymouthed for sure – incredulous maybe as well? They are STILL afraid to offend or they won’t get access. And today tRump shuts them out of the meeting with Lavrov while the Russian Foreign Ministry is in there taking photos.

I will say there are some courageous reporters and we are finding out who they are.

My 1st reaction was” “What in hell is so fucking difficult about it, Marshall? What other conclusion is possible that makes any more sense? None.” Are people like us the canaries in the coal mine and everyone else is insensate to the danger?

• quixote says:

Interesting article by Josh Marshall. Like you, all I can think is, “Why is that difficult to consider?”

The Dump, back in the bleeding 1980s was being investigated for Mafia connections. He’d take on shady building contracts no other respectable developer would touch. Whichever Federal agency it was investigated (actually, I think that’s present tense) for money laundering, and not just any money laundering, but crap associated with the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, to say nothing of extremely shady Putin cronies. He had to settle Trump “U.” for fraud charges.

The list is endless. But somehow the minute he’s hoisted into the stratosphere, he’s going to start with a spotless soul? Christ on a cracker.

• joanelle says:

The timing of Trump’s firing of Comey is an admission that the election was stolen by Mr. Trump and that Comey was just getting too close to the truth. This admission should void the election and put Trump in jail for his treasonous act.

This is exactly what “domestic” abusers do to their victims:

7. Minkoff Minx says:

Fucking hell. I hope full tweet embeds.

Ouch!

Quelle surprise. More dismal economic news for most of us.

America is getting richer every year. The American worker is not.

Far from it: On average, workers born in 1942 earned as much or more over their careers than workers born in any year since, according to new research — and workers on the job today shouldn’t expect to catch up with their predecessors in their remaining years of employment.

Stagnant or falling earnings have put a squeeze on working- and middle-class households. The trend has also widened the gap between the rich and everyone else as, overall, the economy has continued to grow overall but the bulk of those gains have ended up in the pockets of the affluent.

Reading this after it was “updated to more precisely describe Spicer’s location near White House bushes on Tuesday night … Spicer huddled with his staff among bushes near television sets on the White House grounds, not “in the bushes,” as the story originally stated.”

Uh-huh. “Among,” “in,” whatever. He was hiding. Also, this jumped at me: Spicer tells a woman reporter to shut up; she’s too loud for him.

As Murray continued to press him, Spicer told her: “Hold on, Sara, I get it, you’re right there. You don’t have to yell.”

With Murray quieted, Spicer continued to explain why there’s no need for a special prosecutor.

Quelle surprise fking damnit.

I just thought I’d drop by to say hi … deep in final grades and all kinds of things so love you all and thanks for the smiles JJ!!!

15. Enheduanna says:

tRump’s numbers are still falling and this was before he fired Comey:

The list of adjectives to describe him is sadly hilarious.