Wednesday Hump Day Cartoons: The best of everything.

Good Afternoon

I think this tidbit from LOLGOP makes a great point…a terrific point…yes, they gotta great idea here with this thing. Bigly, I’m telling you.

Bad storms today, if you are in it’s path…watch out.

So here are the cartoons for today:

tRUMP speech to congress: 03/01/2017 Cartoon by Deb Milbrath

Cartoon by Deb Milbrath - tRUMP speech to congress

White Privilege: 03/01/2017 Cartoon by Eric J Garcia

Cartoon by Eric J Garcia - White Privilege

tRUMP SPEECH: 02/28/2017 Cartoon by Deb Milbrath

Cartoon by Deb Milbrath - tRUMP SPEECH

WRONG WINNER: 02/27/2017 Cartoon by Deb Milbrath

Cartoon by Deb Milbrath - WRONG WINNER

Bruce Plante Cartoon: Trump addresses congress: 03/01/2017 Cartoon by Bruce Plante

Cartoon by Bruce Plante - Bruce Plante Cartoon: Trump addresses congress

03/01/2017 Cartoon by Joel Pett

Cartoon by Joel Pett -

02/28/2017 Cartoon by Signe Wilkinson

Cartoon by Signe Wilkinson -

Even the former President of Mexico is getting into the political cartoons:

Trump Air: 03/01/2017 Cartoon by Tom Curry

Cartoon by Tom Curry - Trump Air

That is it for today…this is an open thread.

Advertisements

19 Comments on “Wednesday Hump Day Cartoons: The best of everything.”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Bad storms today, if you are in the path, please be careful.

• ANonOMouse says:

I spent a lot of the morning in my basement because of tornado warnings. The weather is freaky. We didn’t even have a winter this year.

2. Fannie says:

I really like these today……….especially the one that says I should have found a mardi gras party. Will share a few too.

Thanks JJ.

3. Enheduanna says:

Great cartoons JJ. The storms are just about to hit ATL – I can hear big raindrops on my porch awning just starting.

I did not watch the speech last night and not sorry I missed it either. The press reaction is so typical. They get played by tRump over and over – it really is an abusive relationship. I found this at C&L:

4. janicen says:

Everyone turn on MSNBC right now! This is extraordinary!

• Minkoff Minx says:

What’s going on? I can’t get NBC. No satellite or cable available.

• janicen says:

They’re doing a two hour special on the Trump/Russia scandal. Stories are breaking as we speak. the WaPo reports that Sessions had contact with Russians twice before the election. He testified during his confirmation hearing that he has not. Also big story in the NYT that the Obama administration gathered info and left a trail for future investigations. It seems to be unfolding as we watch.

• janicen says:

To have a show like this on prime time this early in an administration is unprecedented. I’ve been following this story closely and I can’t believe that I’m seeing it presented in such a main stream venue.

I don’t have a TV! Just got back from work…let me see what Twitter is saying…

Damn. I was hoping they found the envelope that said “Hillary”

5. roofingbird says:

A great round up, as usual, JJ! I don’t know how you do it.

Surely some of this info could have been released prior to the election? Damn, damn, damn.

In the Obama administration’s last days, some White House officials scrambled to spread information about Russian efforts to undermine the presidential election — and about possible contacts between associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump and Russians — across the government. Former American officials say they had two aims: to ensure that such meddling isn’t duplicated in future American or European elections, and to leave a clear trail of intelligence for government investigators.

American allies, including the British and the Dutch, had provided information describing meetings in European cities between Russian officials — and others close to Russia’s president, Vladimir V. Putin — and associates of President-elect Trump, according to three former American officials who requested anonymity in discussing classified intelligence. Separately, American intelligence agencies had intercepted communications of Russian officials, some of them within the Kremlin, discussing contacts with Trump associates.

At the Obama White House, Mr. Trump’s statements stoked fears among some that intelligence could be covered up or destroyed — or its sources exposed — once power changed hands. What followed was a push to preserve the intelligence that underscored the deep anxiety with which the White House and American intelligence agencies had come to view the threat from Moscow. It also reflected the suspicion among many in the Obama White House that the Trump campaign might have colluded with Russia on election email hacks — a suspicion that American officials say has not been confirmed. Former senior Obama administration officials said that none of the efforts were directed by Mr. Obama.

• Sweet Sue says:

A total tool.

• MsMass says:

But why didn’t Obama do something more BEFORE Trump got in? Better yet, why didn’t Obama do more BEFORE the election? It makes no sense…
      Expecting the Trump administration to investigate itself seems ludicrous especially considering their lack of morals.Or is it the institutions like Congress, courts, military/intelligence who are supposed to continue on with the investigation?
      Where the fuck was the media before the election??? This shit wasn’t talked about much before Nov. Who is pulling their strings?

• janicen says:

The Obama administration was caught off guard. They did not know the extent of the Russian invasion into our election process and by the time they became aware of it, it was too late. As well they, like everyone else, thought Hillary would still win. They didn’t believe the actual election could be tampered with. I haven’t seen any evidence of that come to the surface yet, but I think something more happened than what we know about up to this point.

Morning post is up. Treat it like an open thread. News is breaking by the minute!