Wednesday Hump Day Reads: Shit, meet fan.

Last night…

I stayed up as late as I could last night…but today I’ve been away from the news. So I do not know what has transpired since around 5 am. Anyway, let’s take a look at some cartoons.

In Like Flynn – Houston Chronicle

02/15/2017 Cartoon by Nate Beeler

Cartoon by Nate Beeler -

02/12/2017 Cartoon by Nate Beeler

Cartoon by Nate Beeler -

Mar-a-Lago: 02/14/2017 Cartoon by Mike Keefe

Cartoon by Mike Keefe - Mar-a-Lago

This is an open thread…please post updates as you find them…

Advertisements

55 Comments on “Wednesday Hump Day Reads: Shit, meet fan. ”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Hmmm….so do you think they are here to pick some of their folks up?

Russian spy ship patrols 30 miles off the coast of Connecticut

A reminder to Donald about who owns him.

I wonder if the POTUS will be among them… or will we get a white bronco like dash to Russian Air Space with Air Force One?

• Fannie says:

So what the fuck, Russia is helping Al Qaida in Afghanistan, firing missile that violates our cold war treaty, and spying near Connecticut Navy Submarine base, and a Russian Aircraft is buzzing all the fuck over our US Destroyer in Black Sea, and all I see is one big glowing Trump ass all over Putin. He needs to get off the damn campaign, and act like a President, if not kick his ass out.

2. Minkoff Minx says:

Seriously, I went to a petting zoo this morning. It was nice to get away from all the shit. So I don’ know what is going on today….

I think a petting zoo would be a great place to spend some time these days. And not sure that most people know what’s going on. I suspect the ones who do know are hoping no one else finds out.

• Fannie says:

It’s good to see our wonderful animals……………..I like getting away too. How’s your Mom?

Wow, are the Russians running amok…

9. palhart says:

From CNN right now: Defense Department may recommend combat troops in Syria. Very risky!

• ANonOMouse says:

Well, who’s surprised? The crazy bastard is going to start Armageddon if it’s the last thing he does, or the last thing ever done.

To my cousin who claimed she voted for trump because her son’s in the military and she wants him to be safe all I have to say is, FUCK YOU!!!! And don’t say I didn’t warn you.

• Fannie says:

Amen………….today as I was shopping, I over heard one lady telling the other: I am going to cancel my cable, all they do is try to stop Trump from doing good for this country. The other lady agreed, I said, hey did you hear about the Russian ship with missiles 12 miles out of Connecticut. They looked at me crossed eyed…………shit.

• quixote says:

Also very stupid. There was an article from a scholar on jihadist movements (2 years ago?). In ISIS’ interpretation of their prophecies, all they’re waiting for is US boots on the ground. That’ll be the marker that they really and truly are fighting Armageddon (or whatever they call it, don’t remember) and their version of the Fourth Reich is due any second.

It would be playing right into their hands for PR. They’d still lose eventually (no allies except slightly the Turks), but it would not speed anything up. (Except US casualties.)

10. Jslat says:

A change of pace. Students at a music academy used portions of Hillary’s concession speech to create a song backed by piano and violin.

• Catscatscats says:

Lovely, thanks for sharing. I hate to say it, but Hillary writes the best concession speeches. Snifffle.

• Delphyne49 says:

I saw where Hillary tweeted about the song in the morning – I loved it. Those girls are so sweet and so innocent in that video that I had tears streaming down my face watching it. I hope we older crones can help keep the Earth safe for them…

This administration is evil.

I’m old enough to remember when I would not have agreed with anything Markos wrote. He’s changed enough that I agree with him now. Too bad he couldn’t figure out why Obama was not the best candidate back in ’08.

Last week, in the wake of an appellate court’s utter rejection of the Trump regime’s Muslim ban, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) spiked the football: “We just saw him in court and he got beat. He got thumped.”

With energized Americans rising up by the millions to resist the ruling Republicans, exulting in popular-vote loser Donald Trump’s humiliation was the pitch-perfect response. Yet back in Washington, D.C., the Democrats’ top elected official, Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.), resorted to the same loser playbook that has put his party into such a predicament. …

Former President Obama spent most of his tenure preaching bipartisanship, yet it was the GOP’s relentless opposition that paid political benefits, netting the party the bulk of state houses and legislatures nationwide, as well as control of Congress. Obama Democrats argued the president was the “adult in the room,” but it was the children who reaped the benefits. Democrats argued that “when they go low, we go high.” And the inmates took over the asylum. …

The Democratic base—the people itching to sweep the GOP out of power in 2018 and 2020—aren’t interested in bipartisanship.

(also x-posted at TW)

Oh! How delightful! A 60-vote minimum for the needed waiver.