Breaking News: Mass Shooting in Orlando

******Updated the casualty figures as of 12:22************

50 dead in Orlando nightclub terrorism attack, state of emergency declared – Orlando Sentinel

Live video: Orlando Sentinel reporters discuss mass shooting – Orlando Sentinel

More current updates in the comment section below…

There has been a mass shooting…they are calling it a terror attack, whether it is a “domestic or foreign” they have not specified…according to MSNBC at 8:04am.

The Pulse is a large gay night club in Orlando…

Reported as of 8:04am:

20 Dead

42 Injured

That number has since been increased to 50 dead.

Updates: Mass shooting at Pulse nightclub – Orlando Sentinel

Christal Hayes
@Journo_Christal

At least 42 injured, about 20 deadFBI investigating as act of terror
Shooter acted as lone wolf, has possible ties to radical Islam
#Pulse

Updated to add screenshot of the above tweet which was sent at 4:44 this morning:

Christal Hayes on Twitter At least 42 injured about 20 dead FBI investigating as act of terror Shooter acted as lone wolf has possible ties to radical Islam Pulse

At that time, even so early…someone had leaked to the press the suspect shooter was of Islamic descent.

The authorities say there appears to be possible bombs/exploding devices at the scene…

Orlando Nightclub Shooting: Mass Casualties After Gunman Opens Fire in Gay Club – NBC News

Approximately 20 people are dead and scores wounded after a gunman opened fire and took hostages at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, police said.

Officials said a hostage situation developed after the gunman stormed the Pulse Nightclub about 2 a.m Sunday. The assailant was shot dead about three hours later when a SWAT team entered the club, police said.

Image: Emergency services respond to a shooting at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Florida.
Emergency services respond the shooting at Pulse Nightclub. Orlando Police / Twitter

The incident is being investigated as an act of terrorism.

“We are looking at probably in the range of 20 [dead], but we don’t want to give you an exact figure,” Orlando Police Chief John Mina said.

Police said a uniformed officer working extra duty engaged in a gun fight with the shooter after he opened fire at the entrance to the club. Mina said the incident then developed into a hostage situation.

“A little after 5 a.m. this morning we made the decision to go in on a rescue,” Mina said, adding that an officer was injured after being shot in the head.

“It appears his helmet saved his life,” he said. “So he has an injury to his eye, but it looks like the bullet did hit his helmet.”

Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said the incident “could definitely be classified as domestic terrorism.”

Revelers described scenes of horror inside the club. One witness told MSNBC that they had to crawl over bodies to escape.

A post to the club’s Facebook page at around 2 a.m. warned “everyone get out of Pulse and keep running.” Witness video from outside showed dozens of first responders at the scene, and several victims on the ground.

“It was tragic,” club-goer Christopher Hansen told MSNBC. “I wasn’t sure if it was the music, because … it went with the beat almost until you heard just too many shots.

“It was just like — bang, bang, bang, bang, bang bang — and that’s when you just know chaos is just, it was in turmoil,” he added.

About 20 people dead in gay nightclub shooting, Orlando police say – LA Times

The gunman, who has not been identified, was carrying an assault rifle, a handgun and a “device.” The Orange County Sheriff’s Office hazardous device team is now searching the area.

The FBI is assisting with the investigation. Agents say they cannot rule this out as an act of domestic terrorism and that the suspect, who is not from Orlando, may have leanings toward extreme ideologies.

Witnesses said they heard at least 40 shots fired inside the popular gay club and estimated that at least 20 people had been shot.

[…]

Dozens of emergency vehicles surrounded the chaotic scene at the  club at 1912 S. Orange Ave. after the 2 a.m. shooting and rescue squads were transporting multiple victims to area hospitals.

The Orlando Fire Department called for its bomb squad and hazardous material team to the scene after 3 a.m. Police K-9 dogs are searching the area around nearby Orlando Regional Medical Center with an armed deputy in head-to-toe military gear.

Emergency workers were seen taking victims away from the scene in large trucks–in one case, an emergency worker was doing chest compressions on one of the victims.

Just after the shooting, Pulse Orlando posted a note to its web page that said “Everyone get out of Pulse and keep running.” The popular gay bar was full of people at the time of the incident.

Orlando nightclub shooting: police say up to 20 dead in terrorist incident | US news | The Guardian

In a press conference on Sunday morning, an FBI spokesman said investigators believed the attacker may have had extremist beliefs, and would consider possible links to Isis, but cautioned they were pursuing multiple leads. Authorities earlier said a controlled explosion had taken place inside the club, and urged media to avoid reporting inaccuracies.

Police also confirmed an officer on duty at the club exchanged shots with the gunman, and the situation then descended into a “hostage situation”. The situation was resolved when a Swat team stormed the nightclub after receiving messages from club patrons who were hiding in the club while the gunman was still at large.

Several explosives and an armoured vehicle were used to break through a wall of the nightclub and rescue approximately 30 hostages. The suspect was shot by a police officer during this intervention.

John Mina, the chief of police, said they were still trying to identify the gunman, but he appears to have been “well-organised”. They could not confirm if the man was operating as a lone wolf or in coordination with others, but believe there is no increased threat to Orlando or the surrounding areas.

Police confirmed several “suspicious devices” were found in and around the nightclub, including one on the gunman and one on his car.

“This is an incident, as I see it, that we can definitely classify as a domestic terrorism incident,” said the Orange County sheriff, Jerry Demings.

When asked if the suspect had any affiliation with Islamic State, the FBI assistant agent in charge, Ron Hopper, said: “We do have suspicions that the individual may have leanings toward that ideology.” Though when pushed as to what led him to believe that, he clarified that all possibilities were being investigated.

Shooting at Orlando Nightclub Kills About 20, Police Say – The New York Times

The club itself posted a message on its Facebook page about 3 a.m.: “Everyone get out of pulse and keep running.”

Customers streamed out of the club into a chaotic situation with little idea of where to go. “Cops were saying, ‘Go, go, clear the area,’ ” Christopher Hansen told an Orlando television station. “You don’t know who’s what and who’s where.”

As the sun came up, helicopter-shot video showed a situation that seemed to be under control, although windows on one side of the club appeared to be shot out.

Phone camera videos shot at the scene show police cars, ambulances and other emergency vehicles outside the club on South Orange Avenue in downtown Orlando. Streets around the the club were shut down for several blocks.

In one video, shots could clearly be heard as men and women ran from Pulse. Some of the clubgoers told local television reporters that the music was so loud it was difficult, at first, to distinguish the shots from the pulsing beat.

More than 100 people were believed inside the club when the shooting began about 2 a.m.

Many of the wounded were taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center, about three blocks from the club, which was placed on lockdown after receiving several gunshot victims. “Only essential workers are being allowed access into the building,” the hospital said in a statement.

“Out of an abundance of caution, Arnold Palmer Hospital and Winnie Palmer Hospital have also been placed on lockdown,” the statement added.

On Pulse’s Facebook page, club officials promised to post updates as they came in: “As soon as we have any information, we will update everyone.”

“Please keep everyone in your prayers as we work through this tragic event,” the nightclub post said. “Thank you for your thoughts and love.”

Local television stations broadcast interviews with people outside the club and the Orlando Regional Medical Center, about three blocks away from the club, anxiously waiting to hear from people who they said were still inside.

WKMG and WESH broadcast interviews with the crowds milling outside the hospital. One woman said she rushed to the area after she got a call from her daughter, who said, “Please come get us and come get us now.”

One mother told CNN: “A girlfriend of my son called and said he got shot, he got shot and she was crying.”

She said could not find her son, or even get information on where he had been taken. Some of the victims had been transferred to other hospitals “because this hospital was full,” she said outside Orlando Regional Medical Center.

The club, which calls itself “Orlando’s Latin Hotspot,” hosts an “Upscale Latin Saturdays” party on Saturday night with three D.J.s and a midnight show.

Terror attack at Orlando gay club leaves about 20 people dead – NY Daily News

A terrorist opened fire inside a popular Orlando gay club near closing time early Sunday leaving “approximately” 20 people dead and 42 others wounded, according to authorities.

The 2 a.m. attack was “well organized and well prepared,” said local cops as FBI officials painted the attack as domestic terror. The shooter, who was not from the Orlando area, may have had “leanings” toward radical Islam, Special Agent Danny Banks revealed.

HANDOUT EDITORIAL USE ONLY/NO SALES

“I heard 20, 40, 50 shots,” Alamo said. “The music stopped.”

Christopher Hansen was in the VIP area when the tragedy began to unfold.

“I was thinking, are you kidding me? So I just dropped down. I just said, ‘Please, please, please, I want to make it out,’” he said. “And when I did, I saw people shot. I saw blood. You hope and pray you don’t get shot.”

The chaos continued as a barrage of gunshots were heard erupting at the nightclub after police detonated a “controlled explosion.”

[…]

Moots, who lives across the street from the club, said he saw police officers putting wounded clubbers into trucks and ambulances.

“We saw people being taken away with bullet wounds on their arms and abdomen,” Moots told The News.

Police say ‘around 20’ killed in shooting at Orlando nightclub, more than 40 taken to local hospitals | Fox News

News conference set for 9:30 est….this is a developing situation…updates will be posted in the comments.

Advertisements

169 Comments on “Breaking News: Mass Shooting in Orlando”

1. That is the latest up to now. I will post the regular Sunday thread in the afternoon. If you have any updates on the shooting, or any other news, think of this as an open thread.

How awful. I wonder what they are basing the terrorism claim on?

• janicen says:

Not sure, presser at 10:15 am Eastern. Experts are saying, on the surface, it’s more likely domestic terror rather than international but nobody knows yet.

• Fannie says:

I think it might be domestic. We’ve looked around all over this country, and we have seen how the Republicans have passed laws based on religious freedom that block federal laws to stop discrimination against LGBT. Just last month, Gov. Bryant of Mississippi followed suit with other republican governors. It was Jennifer Branning, of Neshoba Co. Ms. who was freshly elected, and a member of Pentecostal Church of Philadelphia Ms. that carried this bill up for a vote, and was passed. We can name state after state that is following in the footsteps of those republicans who are spreading fear/anger/hate.

• I don’t know, I have not heard any of those claims…that is what I have read in the articles above.

3. Delphyne49 says:

50 people dead, 53 injured.

4. janicen says:

FIFTY dead according to OPD. Another 53 hospitalized.

5. Fannie says:

OMG……..what a horrific scene. This is the worst ever for a mass killing. And I suppose we will not be hearing from NRA.

• Delphyne49 says:

Of course we won’t unless it’s to say it’s too early to politicize this bloodbath.

• Jslat says:

And then later to say that if all the people in that night club were armed it wouldn’t have happened!

The gunman was Omar Mateen, a US citizen of Afghanistan descent. I guess that’s why they are calling it terrorism. If he were a right wing white guy . . .

7. Delphyne49 says:

Hate crime.

• Jslat says:

FBI spokesman at press conference said that a determination of whether it was a hate crime or terrorist had not yet been made. I’m afraid that alot of the media and of course the internet community are pushing the terrorist explanation.

• ANonOMouse says:

If his last name was SMITH they wouldn’t be calling it radical islamic “terrorism”, they’d be calling him mentally deranged. They didn’t call Dylan Roof a terrorist, or Robert Dear a terrorist! Walk in my shoes for a month and you’ll know it isn’t just islam that vilifies LGBT’s, it is for the most part all religions.

• Oh it is hate of course. Like I said I posted that information at the very beginning, this morning. You can see what time those news updates were made. They also said early am that he had used a fake ID to gain entrance to the place. There was a cop on the door…how that dude got in with all the weapons I don’t understand. It is hot, a lot of the pictures I see folks are in shorts and t-shirts.

• ANonOMouse says:

I’m glad your uncle wasn’t there JJ. I have some younger friends in Orlando that I checked on when I first heard the news. I’m going to Orlando and then on to St.Pete. They’re having their Pride week after next and friends tell me the LGBT community there is already organizing to Stand Up!

• ANonOMouse says:

I left out St. Pete. 🙂

• janicen says:

My daughter immediately contacted her friends in Orlando. A couple had been in the club last week, but none this weekend. All of her friends are safe.

• Oh, that is good to hear. I think this is one of the largest clubs in Orlando…in general.

• Jslat says:

Checked on my youngest nieces and nephews in Orlando/Winter Park. Thank goodness all are well. I think our common need to make sure our friends and loved ones are safe brings us to the realization that we are all connected by love not hate.

Hate crime — hetero male anger at people loving and having mutual pleasure.

I think any mass shooting is also terrorism, no matter what the color or ethnicity or religion of the shooter.

So much hate in the world. How to cool it down?

8. ANonOMouse says:

This is a hate crime and it’s fed 24/7 by the vilification of the LGBT community by religion and by political forces that reinforce this hatred by using some ancient “holy book” as their justification. I don’t care what religion the shooter was, because I know that nearly all of the major religions feed this monster every day and that one of our parties feeds the religions that feeds the monster. It’s time for this to stop!!!!

I’ll be gone for few day, ironically Orlando is one of my stops.

9. ANonOMouse says:

And trust me the LGBT community will become even more vocal and active after this attack. I’m hearing from old people this morning who are going to PRIDE who can hardly walk. We’ll push each other in wheelchairs if necessary, but WE WILL NOT BE AFRAID.

Good to hear.

• ANonOMouse says:

The last time I received this many calls and emails was June 26th, 2015. The day SCOTUS decided Obergefell V. Hodges. The marriage equality decision. My community is organized and will take on the anti-gay religious hate speech that is a constant drumbeat against us and the NRA. I hope that all of our straight friends and all people of goodwill will join us.

Right with you in spirit from the other side of the country!

Should be something going on here I can join in too.

10. Jslat says:

The blood banks in Orlando have hundreds of people lined up to give blood for the victims of this horrific event. A call went out that O+, O-, and AB types were needed and the community has responded.

11. Delphyne49 says:

12. ANonOMouse says:

CNN just showed hundreds of people lined up to donate blood for the survivors. It does my heart good to see the beauty and goodness of people and the outpouring of love.

LOVE WINS!!!!!

13. Jslat says:

Just my opinion but a hate crime of this proportion is terrorism. How can anyone hate that much is unfathomable. The end product is to terrorize.

True.

• That is what the news was saying this am jslat. That with the casualties so high, it is automatically considered terrorism. But…I would also add that the speculation of the man being Islamic terrorist was out way early on. I saw it “leaked” from inside the sheriff office to the Orlando sentinel or the local tv station before 5 or 6 am…see it in the post up top.

• This is the woman who was posting info at the scene, and who posted that info about the Muslim descent. https://twitter.com/Journo_Christal

I will see if I can find the exact time that post was made, I think they took it down.

• ANonOMouse says:

Heart breaking that it has to be the biggest mass murder in U.S. History to be recognized as terrorism. This is a community that has been terrorized forever, but 50 people have to die before they have the guts to call it terrorism? I wonder what the new magic number is. How many have to die before they address the truth that the U.S. has a huge problem with domestic terrorism. 20 children in Sandy Hook? 12 people in Aurora? 9 people in Charleston?

I apologize for my fury this morning, but this shit has to stop!!!!!

• Interesting, the number was 20 this morning, it was “terrorism” and yet when the number was 20 in Sandy Hook, and it was a white guy who did the shooting…Obama got shit for calling it an act of terror.

Again, I point to the fact that there was a leak, the cops knew he was Middle Eastern when someone told that reporter at 4:44 this morning…so it is perfectly fine to label it terror. You see, get it? I don’t know but that tweet is bothering me…with the press coming out terror so early, and the cops labeling it terror so easily so early.

• ANonOMouse says:

“the cops new he was Middle Eastern when someone told that reporter at 4:44 this morning…so it is perfectly fine to label it terror. You see, get it?”

Yep!!!

What made me sick is that Rick Scott didn’t even acknowledge that LGBT people were specifically targeted.

• Yes I thought the same exact thing. It wasn’t until the FSt Attorney was up talking, like the forth or fifth one to talk, who finally mentions the fact that they are LGTB victims.

• Jslat says:

The intersection of hate crime and possible ISIS terrorism is, I’m afraid, a distinct possibility. According to that interview with the father of the shooter, he was a husband and father. He certainly knew he wouldn’t survive this attack. Why a father would do so, I suspect, might be a radical belief and targets that he hated. Don’t know if I’m making any sense. Just trying to wrap my head around this horror.

Yeah, lots of fundies believe if they die killing “infidels” they skip Purgatory and go immediately to some fantastic place in the sky. With lots of virgin females, usually. Don’t tell me those radical religions aren’t some adolescent male’s wet dream on steroids!

14. Jslat says:

Obama to speak at 1:15- 1:30 E

15. Jslat says:

Looks to me like a hate crime that the shooter tried to justify by allegiance to ISIS. I’m disappointed that the media isn’t focusing more on the LGBT hate crome aspect of this!

• Jslat says:

LGBT hate crime

• janicen says:

I agree. CNN showed the one pic of the shooter in which he was wearing headwear that made him look Islamic. Plenty of other pics out there, including one in which he’s wearing a shirt with a NYPD logo but they desperately want to make this about ISIS and Islam rather than A.) Religion B.) LGBT Oppression C.) Availability of assault weapons

16. Jslat says:

BBC is slanting toward gay hate crime.

• janicen says:

They just arrested a dude with an arsenal of weapons in his vehicle. He said he was heading to the Los Angeles Pride Parade.

• Jslat says:

In the article Gov Rick Scott R says it is terrorism. US Congressman Grayson D says hate crime. Surprise surprise. The repubs who have been stoking the anti gay anti trans fires prefer to call it terrorism!

• My mom is worried this is going to get Trump elected. I heard some guy on MSNBC say that he was thinking that this was just a lone guy acting out on his hate. like Dylann Roof, and latching on to whatever hate group or terrorist group there was that he could associate with to justify his hate.

I don’t think so. Trump’s tweets today have been disgusting beyond belief. He will not be elected. He might not even be the nominee.

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick deletes “reap what you sow” tweet after mass shooting at LGBT club

18. janicen says:

Anyone going to any Pride events this weekend, please be careful.

• ANonOMouse says:

We’re always careful, but sometimes even that isn’t enough. But we won’t be kept from our Pride Marches, or our restaurants or coffee shops or night spots. They can’t put us back into the shadows or push us back to the margins, no matter how hard they try. I’m attending Pride events in a couple of States over the next few weeks, and trust me, I FEEL NO FEAR WHATSOEVER!!

19. Jslat says:

On NBC people carrying “We are Pulse” signs at Pride event in CA.

20. janicen says:

Shooter’s ex wife says he beat her. Her parents flew down from NY and pulled her out of the house, leaving her belongings behind. Good parents.

Pat Robertson: “Orlando Shooting Is God’s Punishment For SCOTUS’ Same-Sex Marriage Ruling”

• Jslat says:

Sick! Sick! Sick!

• Delphyne49 says:

That’s a satire site – my sister caught it when I posted it on FB. Robertson is such a hateful old man that him saying something like this is completely believable.

I did find this paragraph funny, though:

Several eyewitnesses claim Robertson was wearing slippers and a bathrobe while being interviewed, as well as that “he was difficult to recognize without makeup.” One eyewitness even stated, “If it wasn’t for the name on his golden bathrobe, I would have thought I was seeing a mummy giving out statements.”

it’s a satire site btw

• ANonOMouse says:

Robertson is part of the reason for the Orlando Shooting with his daily messages of hate against the LGBT community, and he is not alone. He uses texts from his buybull to condemn the LGBT community and to suggest that whatever happens to us we deserve it. I wish there was a hell so that he could rot in it.

22. Jslat says:

WE ARE PULSE

23. Boo Radly says:

The shooter called 911 right before he started his attack to tell them he was doing it to honor an IsIs leader…..

• ANonOMouse says:

When anyone with a brain knows he was doing it because he hated LGBT people!!! But, I’m sure ISIS will love the attention.

• I really think that this was more opportunistic with a chance to tie himself to ISIS…not a planned attack via ISIS. Something that he was carrying out for them…but that Mateen did on his own and Mateen linked to ISIS on his own.

JUST IN: Man with weapons arrested on way to LA pride parade http://hill.cm/i9NPsxq

25. Jslat says:

Obama- an act of terror …an act of hate.

26. Jslat says:

It is thousands now in line to donate blood in Orlando.

27. ANonOMouse says:

Once again Don the Con demonstrates WHY he will never be POTUS.

• Jslat says:

Republicans are going to concentrate on the terrorism. T-rump will of course use it to stir up antiMuslim hatred.

I want to vomit!

28. Jslat says:

I am going to crawl under the covers and take a nap with my dogs who don’t know how to hate. WE ARE PULSE

29. janicen says:

Another briefing on now.

30. FBI interviewed Orlando shooting suspect 3 times | TheHill

A Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives spokesperson said Mateen legally purchased 2 firearms — a handgun and a long gun, “within the past few days.”

and

The FBI confirmed on Sunday it had interviewed the suspect in the Orlando, Fla., nightclub attack three times before the shooting took place early Sunday morning.

An official said the FBI first became aware of the suspect, Omar Mateen, 29, in 2013 when he made “inflammatory comments to coworkers alleging possible terrorist ties.”
    In the course of that investigation, Mateen was interviewed twice, but the FBI was unable to verify the substance of his comments.

Again in 2014, the FBI conducted an investigation into possible ties between Mateen and an American suicide bomber.

The FBI conducted another investigation, which included an interview with Mateen, but determined that the contact did not constitute a threat at that time.

and a history of wife beating … yet, dude gets a permit to carry and can walk in and buy an assault rifle fit for a battle field …

Yeah, and he’s got a gun fetish, working as a security! guard, and police fetish with his NYPD Tshirts. I really don’t trust many of the men going into any career where they get to carry around or fondle guns a lot.

Why the hell is the U.S. allowing assault rifles to be sold? F*ck, Regain supported the assault weapons ban!

31. Fannie says:

My condolences to all families and loved ones, and for the people in Orlando. I hope numerous counseling sessions are set up all over the city, and that we begin to focus on the healing of those in hospitals, and those who respond with activities to STOP the gun violence, and hate in this country. My head, and my heart goes out to our brothers/sisters in the LGBT, and families.

32. jslat says:

Hillary’s Circle of Mothers (part of the Trayvon Martin foundation) has 50 new members today.

33. ANonOMouse says:

Goodbye everyone. I’ll be back in a couple of weeks. Take care of yourselves and each other.

Peace & Love,
    Mouse

34. jackyt says:

My fiercest hope is that HRC places gun control front and center, on an equal plane with gender rights. Her speech Friday to PPAC was so powerful. I want to hear an equally powerful speech on gun control. Both policies have the support of 70% of the electorate. And both are glaringly “anti-establishment”.

35. Jslat says:

After watching cable coverage off and on all day, I have heard all Republican officials emphasise ISIS terrorism. All Democratic officials have focused on hatred and gun control issues.

My litmus test for down ticket voting will be gun control.

36. Jslat says:

Buddy Dyer, the Democratic mayor of Orlando, was extraordinary today. I have never heard the word Love uttered so many times by a politician.

The difference between him and Gov Rick Scott was so extreme!

37. Jslat says:

On the Tony Award show, Frank Langello apologized for not thanking anyone because he wanted to address the Orlando mass shooting. He quoted”When bad things happen to us, we can let it define us, destroy us or strengthen us.” He sent strength and the love of all the people at the Tony’s to Orlando.

38. Jslat says:

This from Politico goes over the different reactions and issues.

• Jslat says:

It’s as though the repubs all received a memo from party headquarters. Don’t mention Hate Crime or Guns. WTF do they think we are all stupid?!!!

Please, Goddesses, will this at least start to turn the tide to sensible gun control?

I have to go to Orlando in late August for a work conference. No point in worrying — no place is really safe anymore.

I can tell you first-hand: being a peace-loving Muslim who is just as angered by homophobic attacks as everyone else isn’t out of the ordinary.

Gay men can’t donate blood to victims of the Orlando shooting. That’s absurd

Regulations against gay blood arrived in 1983 in response to the panic surrounding the HIV/Aids epidemic. The American Medical Association called for an end to the ban in 2013, saying it was discriminatory and without a sound scientific basis. HIV-positive donors can be screened out and only one in 2m HIV infections are caused by transfusions.

In short, the ban on gay blood is unjustified. Other countries, such as Argentina, have already done away with it.

• janicen says:

Odd. They were announcing during the coverage today that the ban was lifted in light of the tragedy.

That linked article says the announcement (re: ban lifted) was incorrect.

Blood will be needed all over to make up for the need in Orlando. Need is generally higher during summer anyway due to higher accident rate. A mass shooting isn’t exactly an “accident.” The risk could have been substantially minimized if assault weapons weren’t available to civilians.

Her [Clinton’s]challenger, Bernie Sanders, emphasised gun control. “We have got to do everything that we can … to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of those who should not have them: criminals, people who are mentally ill. So that struggle continues.”

Fuck you, Sanders. YOU voted over and over to put assault weapons on the streets.

43. Jslat says:

In the midst of the most horrifying mass shooting in the US, T-rump has to complain about HRC campaign ad. It’s all about him folks!

44. Jslat says:

Enjoyed the Tony Award Show tonight. Everyone was wearing silver ribbon for the Orlando victims.
    G’nite all.