Wednesday Reads: Anchor Babies, Evicted Journalist, and KKK Endorsements

Picture-of-Dorian-Gray-Original-Close-UpIt is all GOP, all the time…

This is unbelievable. Take a look at these headlines, how can these people be serious contenders…. and yet we have the press going ape shit crazy over Hillary with the non-scandal email server crap.

Bush: ‘Anchor babies’ is ‘more related to Asian people’ | TheHill

Jeb Bush aggressively defended his use of the term “anchor babies” during a trip on Monday to the U.S.-Mexico border, saying the term describes fraudulent immigration “more related to Asian people.”

“This is ludicrous for the [Hillary] Clinton campaign and others to suggest that somehow I am using a derogatory term,” the presidential candidate said after a roundtable with local officials on border security and immigration in McAllen, Texas.

“What I’m talking about is the specific case of fraud being committed where there’s organized efforts — frankly, it’s more related to Asian people — coming into our country, having children in that organized effort, taking advantage of that noble concept, which is birthright citizenship.”

Jeb Clarifies ‘Anchor Baby’ Remarks: ‘It’s More Related To Asian People’

Jeb Bush’s ‘Anchor Babies’ Remark Goes Against GOP Advice For Reaching Asian Voters

The Trump Campaign in a Nutshell: Kicks Out Mexican-American Reporter, Says “Go Back to Univision” – Little Green Footballs

This was an absolutely horrifying glimpse of what it would mean if by some chance this caveman is elected president, as Donald Trump had his burly bodyguards eject one of the most popular anchors for Hispanic television network Univision, Jorge Ramos, saying scornfully to him, “Go back to Univision.”

Wow. Just wow. Then Trump described the incident this way: “He stood up and started screaming. He’s obviously a very emotional person.”

0b9107f6-a98d-4954-9e79-658c2577b1fa_zps8fa67237As Charles states, Ramos was in no way screaming or emotional….

More on this, see the reaction from National Association of Hispanic Journalist:

Respect & Dignity: NAHJ Condemns Donald Trump for Allowing Journalist Jorge Ramos to be Tossed Out of News Conference – National Assc of Hispanic Journalists

As for Trump’s views on what is illegal:

Hullabaloo

What the meaning of “illegal” is

by digby

I keep hearing Trump go on and on about “getting all the bad people out” and he’s not always explicit that these are “bad” undocumented workers. In fact, when he’s talking about the gang members he plans to deport it’s not at all clear that he’s talking about non-citizens.

Digby links to a video of Trump, so take a look….

If you watch that video for a few minutes you’ll see that he claims the 9/11 hijackers were all in the country illegally and that hordes of middle eastern psychos were coming over the border all the time.

The 9/11 hijackers were not in the country illegally. They had legitimate visas, although in fairness, Trump isn’t the only one lying/mistaken on this count. This is a very creepy “misunderstanding” in that it suggest people think that forein=gners in the country on visas are not actually legal.

The point is that I think someone needs to ask The Donald and, by extension, his slavering followers, what they consider to be an “illegal alien” and how they would go about deciding who is and isn’t one.

af44ee4c536bc1f79618e75e13853cc6David Duke Endorses Trump: ‘He Understands The Real Sentiment Of America’ | Crooks and Liars

Former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke recently praised Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump for his tough stance on undocumented immigrants, which Duke called the “greatest immediate threat to the American people.”

So take a look at what he said:

“I praise the fact that he’s come out on the immigration issue,” Duke explained. “That he’s an entrepreneur and he has a good sense of what people want to hear what they want to buy.”

“And I think he realizes that his path to popularity toward power in the Republican Party is talking about the immigration issue,” the radio host continued. “And he has really said some incredibly great things recently. So whatever his motivation, I don’t give a damn. I really like the fact that he’s speaking out on this greatest immediate threat to the American people.”

“I’ve said from the beginning I think his campaign is good in the sense that it’s bringing these issues to a discussion which we have to have in America. And he’s continuing to move the envelope further and I think he understands the real sentiment of America.”

Duke concluded by calling Trump’s campaign a “great opportunity.”

“So although we can’t trust him to do what he says, the other Republican candidates won’t even say what he says,” he opined. “So he’s certainly the best of the lot. And he’s certainly somebody that we should get behind in terms, ya know, raising the image of this thing.”

BN-CN207_0425NO_J_20140424142406Addicting Info – Donald Trump Unleashes Vicious Assault On Megyn Kelly When She Returns To Fox News (TWEETS)

Addicting Info – Ted Cruz Blames ‘Liberal Fascists’ Like Ellen Page For Not Allowing Him To Discriminate (VIDEO)

Let’s update you on a few stories:

White House Wall Climber Killed in Pennsylvania Courthouse

A man arrested for climbing a White House wall earlier this year was shot and killed at a suburban Philadelphia courthouse Tuesday after he sliced a sheriff’s deputy with a knife, the local district attorney said.

Curtis Smith, 34, was accused of entering the lobby of the Chester County Justice Center in West Chester about 11 a.m. and slashing a sheriff’s deputy on the arm or hand, Chester County District Attorney Thomas Hogan said. A second deputy in the lobby drew his weapon and shot Smith, who was treated at the scene but later died at Paoli Hospital in Paoli, Hogan said.

Ferguson unrest: Judge withdraws pre-2015 arrest warrants – BBC News

A new judge in Ferguson, Missouri, has halted court practices that were seen as a major factor in unrest over the shooting of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown a year ago.

Judge Donald McCullin cancelled arrest warrants issued before this year, mainly to African Americans.

Defendants of minor offences will also be offered alternatives to prison.e93923d1876328582c881447a1ead566

It follows a US justice department report that found the police in the city unfairly targeted black people.

9/11 Survivor Captured In Iconic Photo Dies Of Cancer

Marcy Borders, a survivor of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks who was photographed covered in dust after fleeing the World Trade Center, has died of stomach cancer.

Borders’ family announced her death Tuesday on Facebook. She was diagnosed with stomach cancer last year at the age of 41.

The photo of Borders, taken by AFP photographer Stan Honda as the attacks on the Twin Towers unfolded, has endured as a haunting reminder of the chaos and horror of Sept. 11.

STAN HONDA VIA AFP/GETTY IMAGES

[…]

Borders, who was 28 at the time of the attacks, was working on the 81st floor of the World Trade Center’s North Tower when the first plane hit.  She fled down the stairwell and emerged from the building as the South Tower fell, covering her in dust and debris.

“I couldn’t see my hand in front of my face,” she told the New York Post in 2011. “The world went silent.”

Borders told the Post a stranger pulled her to safety in a nearby building, where Honda took the now-famous photo. According to the Telegraph, Borders kept the clothes she was wearing — still covered in ash — in a plastic bag in her wardrobe, but as of 2011 had never looked at them.

[…]

In an interview with the Jersey Journal last fall, Borders speculated that her cancer was related to the attacks.

“I’m saying to myself, ‘Did this thing ignite cancer cells in me?'” she said. “I definitely believe it because I haven’t had any illnesses. I don’t have high blood pressure … high cholesterol, diabetes. …  How do you go from being healthy to waking up the next day with cancer?”

The number of cancer cases linked to Sept. 11 has grown in recent years. As of May 2015, the.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported more than 4,000 first responders, rescue workers and survivors who have been diagnosed with cancer linked to the attacks. According to the CDC, skin cancer, prostate cancer and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma are among the most common illnesses among those individuals.

dorian greyBack to the crazy things right wing assholes say:

alicublog: THERE’S NO CONSENT UNLESS JESUS SAYS “YES” AND HE NEVER DOES.

Racist man who killed ‘goddamn Jews’ for ‘moral reasons’ asks jury not to give into ‘political correctness’

Here are the 12 most appalling remarks about women 2016 Republicans have made — so far

And for the last few links…. dementia:

Report: Nearly 47 Million People Now Have Dementia

Dementia cases to nearly triple by 2050: report

People in their 40s increasingly developing dementia, study confirms | Geekquinox – Yahoo News Canada

And on that depressing note, hope everyone has a happy day.

31 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Anchor Babies, Evicted Journalist, and KKK Endorsements”

1. janicen says:

I have no doubt that those who were Trump fans before his encounter with Jorge Ramos will be even bigger Trump fans now. They will not be bothered by Trump’s behavior.

• Yup. There must be a reason why Trump is being allowed to get away with this shit.

• ANonOMouse says:

Surprisingly the other reporters in the room gave Trump a very rough way to go after he kicked out Ramos. He said twice that he didn’t “know who” Ramos was, yet he told Ramos before he kicked him out to “go back to Univision”, which proves he absolutely knew who Ramos was. The reporters rapped him so hard that he allowed Ramos back into the room. I wish Ramos would stalk him on the campaign trail from here on out and dare Trump to toss him.

I’m telling you folks, Donald Trump cannot survive Donald Trump. We should be hoping he does because Hillary will kick his ass all over the debate stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Pat Johnson says:

Donald Trump “loves you”! This is what his supporters believe. Morons.

I have yet to hear him say anything of substance yet these idiots are prepared to stand in line for hours to hear him pat himself on the back and take shots at his opponents when not “promising pie in the sky solutions” to complex issues that plague this nation.

It is frightening alone to imagine him in charge of the nuclear code let alone “declare war” on perceived enemies, real or imagined.

Last night MSNBC decided to televise his latest “stream of consciousness” for almost an hour and it was the same old,same old. With the exception of the “showdown” with the reporter from Mexico, it was another exercise of Trump talking out of his ass! Ridiculous!

Having said that, it is also telling that his GOP opponents are falling behind for the most part. Their “message” is falling on mostly deaf ears. And why not? Most want to eliminate healthcare, social security, education, unions, and every other government policy that has aided the middle and working class. Stupid, stupid people. Setting the clock back is not going over well when you have a self funded clown as the “entertainment factor” dominating the headlines.

It is difficult to see what these “supporters” of Trump are getting out of these incoherent rants. Little that he says makes any logical sense.

The press seems determined to follow this idiot for the remainder of his pursuit of power. To the detriment of the process. If this guy should somehow manage to “pull this out” the press should be held accountable.

3. janicen says:

OMG! A reporter and cameraperson were shot to death during a live broadcast in VA.

4. TheRealKim says:

It’s nauseating. I couldn’t even finish the article on the GOP statements against women. You just shake your head and say what the fuck. I normally try to be at least a little clever or witty, but with this bunch, doesn’t even matter.

• You are right….it is so disappointing and disturbing to read…I have passed the mad pissed off stage, now I feel like I am in the depressed defeated stage.

• ANonOMouse says:

Don’t let yourself feel that way JJ. We’ve been fighting this shitstorm of sexism for as long as I can remember, which is a very long time. Our opponents want us to throw up our hands and to feel defeated, but we will NOT!!!!! As long as we stand together all they have are words. They may take 2 steps forward in their agenda, but we will knock them back to where they began. There is strength in numbers and baby, WE have the numbers.

Very true.

Although, when you’re depressed it’s not always possible to control how you feel. I think the best thing is to get out among people for awhile and get some sunshine and stimulation. I was clinically depressed for a long time and I learned to force myself to get out and see people and do things. It’s not easy, but it works long-term.

• ANonOMouse says:

I’m sorry if I came off as not taking depression seriously. I know it can take control of your life. I just want JJ to keep hope in her heart and to believe that what we’re fighting for isn’t mission impossible. I know I have the benefit of “many miles” 🙂 at my fingertips, and even with that I feel down some days and have to convince myself that we have the power. I just want to share that with my younger sisters. And my older sisters too!!!!!

5. Another update. You may remember this case from two years ago…..

“A Fayette County man was convicted Tuesday for raping a woman with Down syndrome following a controversial move to overturn his previous conviction in 2012 for the same crime.

William Jeffrey Dumas will serve 25 years prison and spend the rest of his life on probation, according to Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard.

Dumas was first convicted in 2012 on three counts of rape, but that conviction was overturned, despite DNA evidence and injuries to the victim, when Judge Christopher McFadden ordered a new trial for Dumas.

McFadden raised questions about how the victim spent time with Dumas the day after he raped her. McFadden also wrote that Dumas did not “behave like someone who had recently perpetrated a series of violent crimes against her.”

The victim was 24 years old when she reported being raped in October 2010 at a house in Fayetteville. She testified in both cases.

“It’s been horrible,” said Vicki Bailey, the victim’s mother. “My daughter had to go through this mentally again and it was like it was happening all over for her.””

I wrote about this case when it happened, it is disgusting that anyone should have to go through a trial twice because of this incompetent asshole judge.

6. Fannie says:

https://youtu.be/zwwyvLjDU3M Sounds just like Trump at his conference. He doesn’t want any Hispanics voting, or living here, or having children here, or having an education, and he doesn’t want any of them having careers like Jorge Ramos. This morning CNN reported that Ramos was the trouble maker, and that his daughter works for the Hillary Campaign.

I think it’s time some latina’s salsa his gringo ass. I’ll be with them when they do. This ideal that the republicans are selling the idea that America should have no diversity of languages, or other cultures is spearheaded by the by with fucked up republicans. Not to mention, I’ll be with the Asian sisters when they stir fry Bush’s ass.

These children are not anchor babies, they are American citizens with a rich culture, heritage, values and more.

Freddie Prinze , was the man………I am elchico, and his lachica, and lived in the barrio. We all stick together, or we all go down together. I don’t like all this bad talk about my brothers/sisters, all hell is breaking loose. Viva la Jorge Ramos……..Oye Como Va, it’s not going good with the republicans.

• ANonOMouse says:

Ramos is the MAN. Trump is a bullying, blustering old white man who without his inherited wealth and status would likely have spent his life no better than average. He has no special gifts, talents or attributes. When he speaks he sounds like a school yard bully. He’s just a big, old puff of hot air.

CNN sucks bigtime.

Those other “journalists” should have all stood up and left the room in unison and on solidarity.

• ANonOMouse says:

In their defense they defended Ramos and asked Trump why he had him “kicked out”. But I agree, if Trump has another journalist pulled from a press conference, they all should walk out and leave Trump standing there looking like the oaf and bully that he is.

• Fannie says:

I would have given anything to have witness them united, and walking out the door together.. think its become a dog eat dog world with the media. We don’t have a lot of Chicano Broadcasters/radio/tv announcers/anchors/journalist. But we have a lot of Latino democrats, and they ought to shatter the hell out of the republicans. I belong to the Delores Huerta Foundation, and LaRaza, and LaMecha. The media doesn’t seem to allow their concerns to be aired. The Idaho Latino branch in Boise, is out. They are great, and have a long long history here.

My families are of mixed peoples. I am proud of my Mexican/Spanish ancestry, and it’s like they are slapping me in the face too.

JJ, I know you have Puerto Rican lines, and have shared your stories, and recipes with us, and I know you grew up listening to the ethnic slurs, like we all did. Trump, Bush, Rubio, and all the others have crossed the line and portraying them as nothing but criminals, and dopers, and less than human. It’s too much man, too much.

More mindless violence in Indianapolis.

Suspect in custody after multiple hit-and-run crashes in downtown Indianapolis

This started as a stabbing around 6:45 a.m. in the 3700 block of Roseway Drive. In that case, a woman was stabbed in the stomach and taken to Eskenazi Hospital. The suspect then stole the woman’s Ford Edge and drove around downtown, hitting pedestrians.

Here are the areas affected:

Pennsylvania and Market – 2 pedestrians hit, taken away in ambulance
    Ohio and Illinois – 1 pedestrian hit, walked away from scene with no real injuries
    Michigan and Delaware – motorcyclist hit/run over
    Conrad Hotel – 1 person struck
    Washington and Meridian – 1 person hit

One witness who was struck said the SUV was going at a “high rate of speed” when it turned the corner and sideswiped him, knocking him to the ground. The driver didn’t stop and proceeded toward the valet area of the Conrad Hotel, where he ran into two other pedestrians.

“It was at that time I realized he was intentionally trying to strike individuals,” said witness David Gadis. “I was injured, but the other individuals had horrific injuries. I just thank God that I was not run over totally by this vehicle.”

9. ANonOMouse says:

Hillary just spoke on the VA shooting on CNN & MSNBC. Her expression of sorrow and her disappointment that we’re struggling with legislation that would enact common sense gun control was excellent. Her sincerity and concern for our country was apparent. She looked, sounded and behaved like POTUS. It won’t be long before she is.

• janicen says:

I agree, she showed appropriate concern and shock. The only way anything is going to get done is if people of her stature don’t shrink away and don’t fear standing up against the gun lobby. Americans are in constant danger because there are too many guns and we got to witness the horror on live TV.