Open Thread: Funny huh?

8022105556140532_yPt36V7F_cGood Evening

Early this morning something strange happened to me, it may have been a seizure, but I’m not sure. I went to the doctor and she is sending me to a neurologist but I have to tell you this…at the doctor’s office they had me get on a scale.

Damn…I ain’t too sure about the seizure but I am damn sure I had a heart attack when I read what my weight was on the scale.   (Actually, I really do think I had a seizure, guess we will find out for sure next month.)

Anyway, because of my brain crapping out on me today, I will just put up some links for you.

Be sure to read them and please post what you want in the comments.

South Dakota Legislature Approves ‘Women Can’t Think on Weekends’ Bill | Right Wing Watch

Constituents laugh at Republican’s ignorance of trans-vaginal ultrasounds | The Raw Story

FRC’s Tony Perkins: Democrats Aligned with ‘Jewish Lobby,’ ‘Enjoy the Money’ Coming from Jews | Right Wing Watch

Some Arkansas Legislators Do the Time Warp; Pass Most Extreme Abortion Bill In The Nation – ACLU Blog

This is an open thread.

10 Comments on “Open Thread: Funny huh?”

Clint Eastwood to Supreme Court: Drop California’s ban on same-sex marriage

Clint Eastwood has joined about 130 self-described moderate and conservative Republicans in signing a brief to the Supreme Court arguing against California’s Proposition 8, which bans marriage for same-sex couples.

Former Bush administration officials, including Paul Wolfowitz, deputy secretary of Defense, and Tom Ridge, former Pennsylvania governor and Secretary of Homeland Security, also were among those who signed the brief, which argued that the Constitution prohibits denying same-sex couples access to the legal rights and responsibilities of marriage, according to a copy of the brief released Thursday by the American Foundation for Equal Rights.

2. Fredster says:

If not being too nosy, what were your symptoms? Did you pass out or maybe gray out? (gray out for me means just about “just about” pass out, vision not right, faint feeling, things like that? How is your glucose? Any diabetes in the family?

Hope it turns out that it’s nothing serious!

3. ecocatwoman says:

Echoing bb’s & Fredster’s concerns & hope it wasn’t anything serious. Take care jj.

4. purplefinn says:

Health first, JJ. Whatever it takes.

5. Fannie says:

Hope you see the doctor soon…………I didn’t know that my seizure was a stroke, and I didn’t get to the hospital until 15 or so hours later. When I did, the catscan said I didn’t have stroke, and when I went to specialist he saw the old stroke, and a small tumor. JJ, will be more than happy to share some tips for losing weight, and walking, etc… I just ordered that book by Michael Moss on Salt, Sugar and Fat………………..I had to improve my lifestyle, and at the time I was under alot of stress because of husband’s kidney failure. You know we luv ya.

6. HT says:

JJ, echoing everyone else’s concern. My kid’s dad had a stroke and much like Fannie’s situation didn’t get to the hospital until many hours later. It wasn’t debilitating, but it did lead to other health issues later. Don’t be hesitant about asking for a second opinion either. Just take care of yourself!

7. Sweet Sue says:

I’m very sorry to hear about your event this morning, that must have been scary as hell.
    Take care of yourself and best of luck.

Just now catching up reading … Yikes! Amazed you got a post up, but on 2nd thought, no — you are tough! Hope all goes well.