Ha Ha….Eastwood. /NelsonMuntzVoice

When I saw this post at FDL I started to laugh my ass off.

“Eastwooding”

That image is priceless!

This is an open thread. I’ve got some funny cartoons coming up later tonight, see y’all then.

71 Comments on “Ha Ha….Eastwood. /NelsonMuntzVoice”

1. The Simpsons. I love that damn cartoon.

2. Seriously says:

To be honest, I think it’s pretty funny that conservatives are fawning over Clint’s performance while asshats like tbogg are mocking him. The real problem was that he was smug, obnoxious, undignified, and didn’t know what the hell he was talking about. Take away the old man channeling Bob Newhart and replace him with a slap-worthy aging hipster (or maybe Kathy Griffin) and it’s so Axlerod-Plouffe and most of the reactions would be completely reversed. Oh what wonders and glories we have to look forward to in our politics in the years to come. 😉

• RalphB says:

If you can find any reason why he shouldn’t be mocked for making a complete fool of himself. I’ll listen. Just can the “both sided do it” stuff until it happens. Which it could easily.

Somehow I don’t think we’ll see a movie actor taking to a stool at the Democratic Convention.

3. mablue2 says:

That image is priceless. I can stop laughing.

4. pdgrey says:

If you haven’t been watching Stewart and Colbert this week go see it on line. By the way both programs will be on tonight.
    Cannonfire has a post about Stewart missing a great opportunity to set the record straight on the stimulus package when he was interviewing Marco Rubio. It’s not that I don’t agree with Cannonfire that Democrats should be it pointing out, but I don’t think it’s really Stewart’s job. Just a difference of opinion.
    really, I wanted to say I have enjoyed this week with Stewart and Colbert and wanted to share.

• ecocatwoman says:

Me too. I think Jon actually likes Rubio. His demeanor this time was friendlier, almost palsy walsy, than the first Rubio interview. But, Jon is always gracious with his guests, yet manages to disagree when the guest says something nuts.

• RalphB says:

For laughs you could have checked out InvisibleObama’s twitter feed. It picked up more followers than Romney and Ryan put together since it was created. Now the account is suspended. Apparently twitter doesn’t have a sense of humor.

5. pdgrey says:

JJ, I have to work on the weekends (sometimes) and miss so much not being around on Friday’s funnies. l think laughing is all I have left to make it though!

6. Beata says:

Have a good evening and a nice weekend, Sky Dancers. Enjoy the blue moon.

Is there a video of the Clint Eastwood appearance?

8. pdgrey says:

This graph is the reason Obama will lose Florida.
    The voter ID law is important but the fact there is almost no new registration in a state like Florida is massive.
    Yea, I go from laughing my ass off to screaming.

• pdgrey says:

I should have added, NOW, some of the courts are striking the voter ID and Hours open Laws but the thing hiding under the porch is registration. That graph scared the hell out of me.

• pdgrey says:

Sometimes I post things I just think other people know without links, sorry. Florida’s zombie alien Gov. ran the women’s league of voters out of Florida. Here is a link to see the news.

I think the court struck down all the limits to registration. I think Obama will win Florida if his campaign makes sure old people understand what Romney/Ryan are up to.

• pdgrey says:

I hope so BB. But I fear it’s late in the game to catch up.

9. ralphb says:

Invisible Obama grants an interview with mashable. 🙂

mashable: Invisible Obama: Exclusive Q&A with the Internet Sensation

Ralph,

I can’t believe you were right about the Reagan hologram.

11. pdgrey says:

I don’t usually see The Ed Show but during tonight’s show this guy from Janesville, WI that worked at the GM plant in question really did a number on Paul Ryan. And he was sitting in front of an auditorium of workers saying they were voting for Obama. The guy pointed out the auto bailout saved the pensions.

• RalphB says:

Bwahahahahaha. That’s precious,

Course, if it was pensions for Goldman Sacks or Bain Capital upper management, that would be different. But pensions are so wasted on workers. snark, of course

• ANonOMouse says:

Pdgrey, Rachel is discussing the Florida Voter Registration issue that you pointed out earlier. She also said it worries her, but she qualified that by saying she believers there’s time to get folks registered. I hope she’s right, Florida is a very important state.

• pdgrey says:

It was the numbers that scared me. Almost 300,000 in 2008 and 11,00 in 2012. God it’s August 31st.

12. RalphB says:

WTF are these asshats doing? Running a campaign for president or do they think they’re marriage counselors. This seems much too shallow to be taken seriously, but …

NYT: Emotional Ties to Obama May be Central to the Election

“It’s going to be hard to break the bond a lot of voters feel with Obama, even if they are disappointed,” said Mark McKinnon, a former strategist for Mr. Bush. “It may be a bad marriage, but they still want to save it.”

It is Mr. Romney’s job now to convince them that it is beyond repair; that the risks of staying in it are larger than the risks of starting anew with him, that he and Mr. Ryan represent a fresh start akin to a generational change.

But leading these voters — many of them women — to that conclusion takes finesse and delicacy, Republican strategists say.

These GOP strategist are so far not doing so hot on finessing and delicacying their policy of no contraception and forced labor after rape.

• RalphB says:

That they could think women would be so shallow seems to me to be insulting. Do they think that women don’t vote on issues? Of course, they are also talking about men but when they bring things up it’s always a woman breaking up with her latest or something.

13. ecocatwoman says:

Rachel just covered what’s happened to voter registrations in Florida due to the restrictive law passed this year (just overturned by a judge): http://jacksonville.com/news/florida/2012-08-27/story/democratic-registration-all-dries-new-florida-laws Check out the graph – about 11,000 dems registered vs 128,000 repugs.