Late night thread…say what?

mike082912

Just saw this on the circle box…

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer ‘Endorses’ President Obama At Republican National Convention | Mediaite

Republican Arizona Governor Jan Brewer and President Obama have had their well-publicized ups and downs, but in a rare moment of levity at the grim Republican National Convention, the strident administration critic appeared to endorse the incumbent. Governor Brewer told NBC News’ Ron Mott that “I know if President Obama is elected in November, which I hope he is, he will be able to come together with all of us and come up with a solution. I believe he will secure our borders. And therefore, we can resolve all of the other issues as a simple matter.”

It’s possible that Gov. Brewer simply misspoke, but given that President Obama has significantly beefed up border security during his presidency, the shoe seems to fit. There you have it, folks. Peace in our time.

And then there is this: TRENDING: Palin canceled on Fox?

Sarah Palin posted a cryptic message on Facebook Wednesday night, saying the Fox News Channel had cut her appearances for the evening. “I’m sorry Fox cancelled all my scheduled interviews tonight because I sure wanted to take the opportunity on the air to highlight Senator John McCain’s positive contributions to America, to honor him, and to reflect on what a biased media unfairly put him through four years ago tonight,” she wrote.

[…]

Reports of tension between the conservative firebrand and the network emerged in November, when New York Magazine reported the network’s president, Roger Ailes, was furious that Palin had announced her decision against running for president on another media outlet.

Palin first made her decision public on a conservative radio show hosted by Mark Levin, then confirmed her announcement in a Fox appearance on Greta van Susteren’s show that night. While Ailes reportedly considered pulling her million dollar contract, Palin continued to appear on the Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.

As to what prompted Wednesday night’s shuffle, Palin left it a mystery, writing only about her former running mate. Sen. John McCain is set to deliver remarks at the Republican National Convention in the 8 p.m. ET hour. The Arizona senator also turned 76 on Wednesday.

Oh and one more nugget…Fla. appeals court orders new judge for Zimmerman trial

A Florida appeals court has granted George Zimmerman’s request for a new judge to oversee his trial for second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting death of Trayvon Martin, the Orlando Sentinel is reporting.

A three-judge panel of the 5th District Court of Appeal found that Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. cast doubt on his impartiality when he wrote in his July 5 order setting $1 million bail that Zimmerman showed “blatant disregard for the judicial system” and that he was “manipulating the system for his own benefit.”

Yeah it’s an open thread…

33 Comments on “Late night thread…say what?”

Ann Romney blames Democrats for GOP’s poor standing with Latinos

Ann Romney today placed blame on the Democratic Party for creating “biases” in the Latino community that, she argued, are anti-Republican.

The wife of the soon-to-be GOP presidential nominee said she, like many Republicans, understands and sympathizes with Latinos and how many came to this country for a better life.

“So it really is a message that would resonate well if they could just get past some of their biases that have been there from the Democratic machines that have made us look like we don’t care about this community. And that is not true,” she said. “We very much care about you and your families and the opportunities that are there for you and your families.”

2. Pat Johnson says:

I am listening to Paul Ryan’s high school valedvictorian speech.

No one shovels bullshit better than the GOP.

3. Pat Johnson says:

“I live in an America where I could decide for myself” says Paul Ryan.

The same Paul Ryan denying that same ability to “decide for themselves” to women.

Two faced hypocrite.

“We can make the safety net safe again.”

Safe for Wall Street?

5. Pat Johnson says:

Has Fox actually decided to pull the plug on Quiterella???

There is a god after all!

What took them so long to catch up with the rest of us?

6. Pat Johnson says:

This is for bb:

I just got online within the last 20 minutes and hadn’t read the previous open blog thread. Started to read some of the comments and just about lost it when Boston Boomer made reference to “Walter Denton” from the old “Our Miss Brooks Show”.

I have been laughing my sides off for the last 5 minutes. Hilarious!

7. Pat Johnson says:

Beata too was in great form tonight but bb topped them all with the Walter Denton reference which has dated both of us for having memories that reach that far back in time.

• Beata says:

That “Our Miss Brooks” reference was a little before my time. 🙂 I’ll need to look for a clip on YouTube.

Another great job blogging tonight, BB.

8. Beata says:

Ugh, I need to listen to some relaxing music and get my blood pressure down.

‘Night, all. 🙂

9. RalphB says:

Scott Lemieux at Lawyers Guns and Money has a review of Ryan’s speech I can agree with for sure.

The Remarkable Achievement of Paul Ryan

After Zell Miller’s speech at the RNC in 2004, Matt said that “I don’t believe I’ve ever heard a more disgusting speech delivered in the English language.” After Paul Ryan’s speech tonight, I think that judgment must be considered anachronistic. Admittedly, the Zombie-Eyed Granny Starver can’t touch Zell in the demagoguery department, but in terms of the sheer weight and variety of dishonesty, Ryan’s speech was a transcendent accomplishment. The bit about how “He created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report. He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing”* might have been the most jaw-droppingly brazen. But the whole thing, which can be summarized as “keep your government hands off my Medicare, Barack Obama was a terrible president from 2001-2008, and strengthen the welfare state by ending it,” was a truly remarkable piece of work.

*Granted, helping to torpedo the Catfood Commission for the wrong reasons will be the only positive thing Paul Ryan will accomplish in his lifetime of living off the American taxpayer. Although we shouldn’t forget those hardscrabble summer jobs he took in high school!

The comments are also quite good.

10. RalphB says: