New Years Eve Greetings Open Thread

I know. I know.  Every one is busy; even little ol’ me. But,  I did want to put up an open thread so we could share our New Year Wishes and Greetings with each other  tonight on  into the morning!!

I’ll be down on the Poland Avenue Wharf watching the two barges from the east and west bank of the Mississippi shoot their simultaneous fireworks display.   Lama is here with his youngest son who gets to experience his first American New Year’s celebration ala New Orleans. I’ve got a big ol’ pot of hopping john bubbling away on the stove!

I’m not sure if you know, but those of us that are students of Vajryana do New Year’s (Losar) based on the Tibetan Lunar Calendar, so this month really isn’t a holiday month per se for us.  However, I’m never one to keep a good party down that includes joyfulness! (Also, this one lacks crass consumerism, so I opt in.)  So, here’s to all those displays of wisdom lights over the world!

May the New Year see the multiplication of people who seek and find the blessings of peace!

May the New Year bring harmony to those whose inner demons rule their thoughts and lives!

May the New Year see the brilliant play of wisdom and the skillful means necessary to ameliorate the suffering of the many!

May the New Year open the eyes of those whose lives are filled with abundance so that they are moved to share those blessings with others!

May the New Year welcome you and yours and everyone’s into the comforting arms of health, prosperity, peace and love!

May the beneficial actions of the wise and compassionate multiply!

May the obstacles to wisdom diminish!

May compassion and love surround you until whatever place you reach is where you should be!

25 Comments on “New Years Eve Greetings Open Thread”

Have a safe and rocking New Year’s Eve!

Happy New Year, everyone! I don’t think I’m going to make it to midnight. I’m just glad to see this horrible year end. It has been a very difficult one for my family.

I’m very grateful for the family I have left and for this blog. See you all 2011.

3. cwaltz says:

Blessings to all.

May this year be better than the last (I know, I know for many this sets the bar pretty darn low).

May we all find some consolation in the fact that we aren’t watching this train wreck play out on our own.

And may we find our inner strength survive and rebuild that we have seen destroyed.

Happy New Year

4. kk says:

happy new year…..and year ……and years ……

5. Fannie says:

Happy 1-1-11

• purplefinn says:

🙂 I’m looking forward to 11/11/11.

Happy New Year – may we all contribute to realizing our personal and world dreams one step at a time.

6. TheRock says:

This has been a long and difficult year for many of us. Nationally, we are still squarely in the nightmare that is having Obumbles in charge. We have seen continued unemployment, unrest in many quarters of the world, violent crime, war, strife and a general malaise that can only be defined by a group of people just trying to make it to the next day.

My New Years wish is to see all of you next year continue to be the sounding boards for common sense that brought me to this group of like-minded individuals, for peace and joy for all your families, for success in all your ventures whether they be business or personal, continued growth and development of the relationships that surround you, be they with spouses, kids, grandkids, coworkers, etc., and finally, health of mind and body. We have no choice but to be optimistic that change will come. We have no choice but to hope that more eyes will be opened in the new year.
    Personally, I look forward to overcoming the final hurdles to bringing my other half here from home, and that my business will be successful in these trying times.

Blessing upon all who come here. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hillary 2012

7. janicen says:

Peace to all in the New Year!

8. Laurie says:

Happy New Year everyone!

9. Minkoff Minx says:

Happy New Year! Hey BB, I did not make it to midnight…I hope that you did!

Looks like everyone had a safe New Years. Glad that a new year is here, and hope that things will get better.

10. Pat Johnson says:

Happy New Year!

Am off to resume our Christmas gathering that was postponed last week due to the blizzard.

bb: If you plan on returning to MA this weekend have a safe journey. It is pretty mild here so far and the roads are cleared.

11. Delphyne says:

Happy New Year to everyone!

12. Inky says:

Happy New Year to all! May your next 12 months be filled with friendship, joy, peace, good health and humor, punctuated by the occasional personal triumph.

13. mjames says:

Peace. And Happy 2011 to all.

I remember thinking, when I was a kid, that I’d be over the hill by the time 2000 rolled around. Now I can’t even find the hill!

I haven’t been able to comment lately because of massive year-end deadlines, but I’ve enjoyed waking up every day to a lot of really intelligent reads. I appreciate the high quality of work here and am looking forward to more in the new year.

14. native1 says:

Happy New Year everyone!

15. HT says:

Happy New Year to all. Keep safe.

16. paper doll says:

Happy New Year everyone! 🙂

17. RalphB says:

Happy New Year to all on this fine 1/1/11.

18. Minkoff Minx says:

I have a new post up…with some (notice I said some) news items. So y’all be sure to add some more in the comments!

19. ortreehugger says:

Happy New Year! May we have peace on earth and in our hearts!

20. joanelle says:

Happy New Year to all you Sky Dancers – good health, prosperity, and much love in your life!

21. Sima says:

Happy New Year everyone!

May this coming year be wonderful for all of us!