The Dakini’s Office PoolPosted: December 30, 2008
It’s almost the New Year. Having once dated a New Yorker for an extended period of time, I got used to William Safire (whose column I miss a lot) and his end of the year Office Pool. He always had a list of predictions that challenged you to beat the pundit. Some of my favorite questions had to do with the results of elections as well as topical things like the number of troops left in Iraq by the end of the year.
You can be as snarky, hopeful, truthful, or scary right on as you wish.
Here’s a few of them to get you started:
1. Then number of troops left in Iraq by the end of 2009 will be:
2. The first Obama appointee to resign after a scandal in 2009 will be:
3. The first Obama appointee to leave in disgust in 2009 will be:
4. Obama’s first pet goat moment after he enters office will be over something having to do with:
5. Obama’s first act in office in 2009 will be to:
6. The first terrorist attack in 2009 will occur in:
7. The surprise hit movie of 2009 will be:
8. The first celebrity to be arrested in 2009 and get one of those really lousy arrest pictures published will be:
9. The Israel-Palestine conflict will:
10. The first member of the Democratic Leadership to have an announced challenger in a primary will be:
11. The stock market at the end of 2009 will:
12. The unemployment rate at the end of 2009 will be
13. The next industry (not including finance and auto) to beg for and get a bail out will be:
14. Obama’s approval rating in 2009 will go:
15. Historian’s will begin to call the end of the Bush years as:
Okay … let me hear some good ones !