Couple of Cartoons to Pass the Time…Open Thread

Enjoy!

3/14 Luckovich cartoon: GOPzilla | Mike Luckovich

031413-luckovich-ed

Speaking of Godzilla, did y’all here that a rat was the cause of the latest power outage at Fukushima…I imagine a radioactive rat…big like Godzilla munching away at the electric cords.

BBC News – Fukushima: Rat linked to outage at Japan nuclear plant

In this photo released by Tokyo Electric Power Co, the carcass of a small animal lies inside a temporary electric switchboard at the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant in Okuma town, Fukushima Prefecture, north-eastern Japan Wednesday
The apparent carcass of the rodent was visible inside the switchboard unit in a photo released by Tepco

A rat may have caused this week’s power outage at Japan’s tsunami-hit Fukushima nuclear power plant, says the Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco).

The company suspects the rodent may have caused a short-circuit in a switchboard, triggering the power cut.

If I could, I would paint that little rodent like a rat lizard…and put some flames coming out of his mouth and lasers blasting from his eyes. Oh wait, that is a dead rat in that picture….oh well, then I guess if I was gifted in photoshop, I would make that little booger glow bright green.

3/22 Luckovich cartoon: Congressional priorities | Mike Luckovich

032213-toon-luckovich-ed

Malala Yousafzai by Political Cartoonist Pat Bagley

129006 600 Malala Yousafzai cartoons

This is an open thread…

About these ads

12 Comments on “Couple of Cartoons to Pass the Time…Open Thread”

Oh JJ, thanks so much for the cartoons. Just what I needed!

The Fukushima rat could be a zombie rat that bites other rats and turns them into zombies.

3. RalphB says:

HuffPo: Ben Bernanke: ‘I Agree With Elizabeth Warren 100 Percent’ On Too Big To Fail

On Wednesday, he wanted it to be known that fully sided with Warren.

“I agree with Elizabeth Warren 100 percent that it’s a real problem,” he said.

He also sided with Warren against those banks and others who suggest that having gigantic banks is not really a problem at all.

“Too Big To Fail was a major source of the crisis,” he added a little later, “and we will not have successfully responded to the crisis if we do not address that successfully.”

Good for Bernanke.

4. RalphB says:

HuffPo: Photographer Joe McNally Takes Photo From Top Of Burj Khalifa, World’s Tallest Skyscraper, In Dubai

McNally, who told The Huffington Post he was standing on the railing of a support structure for the building’s airplane warning lights, said the photo wasn’t a work assignment — it just “seemed like fun.”

“My old battered shoes climbed the worlds tallest building today,” McNally wrote on Instagram. “What an amazing structure! Tweeting from 820 meters straight up!”

At 828 meters (2,716 feet) tall, the Burj Khalifa is by far the world’s tallest man-made structure. At just 508 meters (1,666 feet), the second-tallest building in the world, the Taipei 101 in Taiwan, doesn’t even come close.

Even the picture is scary.

• roofingbird says:

We construction worker types see a lot of wonderful things that rarely are seen by the rest of the population. The tallest building I was ever on the side of was the 100 story Hancock Building in Chicago-a puny thing compared to the Burj Khalifa. Still, the views and perspective were amazing. I appreciate his photo, being there is not quite the same as looking out of an airplane. Street sounds are heard but muted, and wind and weather sounds and buffeting become very important.

Unreal photo!