Thursday Night Open Thread

130534089169900721_iQ38x9sf_cEvening…

I am not much for anything tonight. My father’s cancer is back…they are checking to see if it has spread to his bones and stomach. Of course he has blockage in his neck and chest arteries…and his heart is irregular, beats are not normal. To top it off, my brother Denny has pneumonia. So, this evening has been pretty shitty.

I will just give you links to the latest news on the blizzard that is heading northeast.

Northeast Could Be Hit With Major Snowstorm – New York Times

They are calling this storm Nemo? That is news to me…

Nemo Snowstorm MAP: Blizzard’s Path Stretches From New York To Maine (INTERACTIVE GRAPHIC)

HuffPo has a live update thread here: Winter Storm Nemo: Northeast, New England Brace For Potentially Historic Blizzard (LIVE UPDATES)

Severe weather warning can be found here:  Severe Weather Warnings Page

Wind map can be found here, and this real time map is something to see… http://hint.fm/wind/

Real Time Wind Chills: uschill.gif

Real time temps:  ustemp.gif

This is an open thread, please BB and Pat take care of yourselves…

About these ads

19 Comments on “Thursday Night Open Thread”

1. Post whatever you like..good night.

• RalphB says:

Wow JJ, I really hope things get a lot better for your family very soon. Best thoughts are with you.

• Delphyne says:

Yes, JJ – you and your family have certainly had a run of very difficult and challenging times. I am so sorry to hear about your father and Danny. Sending you good thoughts now as always. Take care of you, too! xoxo

• Riverbird says:

I’m so sorry about your father and your brother.

2. RalphB says:

God Made a Factory Farmer. A tribute to shameless hucksterism.

Smiley material.

3. Boo Radly says:

(( <3 )) JJ, sending good thoughts your way. So, so sorry to hear this news – may both Denny and your father get better quickly.

4. Fannie says:

We love you JJ………….you are a darn good woman.

Sorry about your dad and your brother, JJ. I hope they both get better soon. Take care of yourself too!!

6. HT says:

JJ I am so sad that your Dad and brother have more problems after all they have been through and that you have more problems heaped on your shoulder. I was visiting friends briefly tonight. One has brain cancer and it’s flaired up again. The other is running herself ragged taking care of the first. One never knows what to say or to do, but trust me,there are friends who want to do something, anything. Rely on your friends.

Those of you in the way of this noreaster take care … thing looks wicked! Reminds me of a huge hurricane. Look at those tight isobars!!!

8. My sympathies on your family’s health issues; I hope the situation brightens for both your father and brother. Having been a through a similar situation, I know that you probably are constantly asking yourself if you are doing or saying the right things. Don’t you wish there were a guidebook? I know I did!

But no such guide can ever exist, so just rest assured that as long as you do your best, you are doing enough.

• Yeah, a guidebook would be good…but right now I just wish we knew what to expect. Waiting to get these test to see if his cancer has spread and their results is like twisting a knife in my mind, it is all I can think of, all consuming and overpowering. If that even makes any sense.

9. Sweet Sue says:

JJ, Best of luck to your family and you.

10. Thank you so much for your thoughts and support. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, since things usually happen to my family in threes.

Oh, JJ. I’m so sorry you are going through such a tough time. You are in my thoughts many times a day. Take care.

JJ, I am so sorry to hear about your father. And pneumonia is bad stuff. Joe Cannon has some wise words up above. Remind yourself that you can not do everything. What you will do, I’m sure, is be your real caring and human self. Take care of your own health — if you’re not in good shape, you can’t watch out for anyone else. All my wishes for the best possible outcomes.