Never Underestimate the Power of Math

I think we can safely call this one the voting revenge of the math nerds, women, rape victims, Hispanics, African Americans and all of us that shouted WE WILL NEVER GO BACK!!!

There are so many of these backwards guys going down that it’s hard to keep up with them

We’ve got …

Senator Elizabeth Warren

Senator Tammy Baldwin

and many, many others …

This is absolutely a mandate.

The country has rejected Right Wing, PLUTOCRATIC, and THEOCRATIC RULE.

Charles P. Pierce ‏@ESQPolitics
I think tonight would be a pretty good night to have a few coldies with John Boehner. #elections2012#igotminejack
Ellie Smeal ‏@elliesmeal<
Feminist Lois Frankel, the founding president of West Palm Beach NOW many years ago, just won election to Congress in Florida District 22.
Kate Sheppard ‏@kate_sheppard
Richard “God’s Will” Mourdock Won’t Be a Senatorhttp://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/11/indiana-senate-donnelly-mourdock …

and I’m waiting for Pat Robertson to be called back home to his own special HELL REALM!!!

oh, and CLAIRE McCaskill just retained her seat!!! MISSOURI: McCaskill 53% Akin 41% (12% reporting) [CNN]

About these ads

93 Comments on “Never Underestimate the Power of Math”

1. Riverbird says:

All I can say is YAY!!!!!

2. List of X says:

As someone with a degree in math, I 110% agree.

3. ANonOMouse says:

Don’t tug on Superwoman’s Cape, Don’t shit on Latino’s, Don’t push off the 47% and Don’t mess around with TeH Gay.

4. RalphB says:

Does this mean Rafalca 2016, after the GOP freakout?

5. Pat Johnson says:

Poured myself a nice glass of wine and offering a well deserved “salute” to all my buddies here who have had to talk me off the edge of the cliff these past few days!

Bottoms up!

6. Fannie says:

Yes, Missouri, Clair …………….bye bye Akin

Just got off work. Too busy there to check, and won’t comment from the office computer. Listened to Democracy Now! on the drive back.

Mourdock goin’ DOWN to ignominious defeat! That’s goddess’ will for you, you perverted idiot.
    Tammy Baldwin, Elizabeth Warren WIN!

Now to catch up on all the sharp commentary.

8. Fannie says:

Yeah, it feels good to SCREAM, YEAH………..

Florida amendment to ban insurance coverage for abortion for state employees fails! via @ACLU

10. Fannie says:

SCREAM, we won the war on women………………….everybody can sleep good across this country tonight.

I’m just waiting to hear if Heidi Heitkamp wins in North Dakota. Sam Wang gave her a 90% chance.

12. pdgrey says:

Obama Wins 87 Percent Of Latino Vote In Colorado:

13. Pat Johnson says:

BB: Medical marijuana passed here in MA. Yay!!

• ANonOMouse says:

Good News

• HT says:

I don’t know why people think that marijuana is bad – I’m allergic however for people with terminal diseases it does so much good in reducing their pain. Right now my son is buying the stuff for his father in order to make his father’s life more bearable. What is the problem? Glad that it passed, but I still ask, what the heck is the problem?

• Pat Johnson says:

It’s not but I am not going to tell you how I know it.

• HT says:

Pat, that’s okay. I tried it once and was violently ill, which is how I know I’m allergic. I have no problem with marijuana as long as idiots don’t drive after smoking. Beside which Hemp is one incredible plant – we really are stuck in the 19th century if we refuse to acknowledge that times change, people change and for goodness sake, we had better change and recognize that …. times change.

• ANonOMouse says:

Marijuana ought to be legal. Period. Not only does it help people on have cancer and other serious illness, some think it works well for anxiety and panic attacks. I’m all for legalizing everything, anything that helps people, especially those with serious illness, find peace.

Cannabis definitely increases anxiety in some people. But if it’s used appropriately by people who respond to it, fine.

Checking how WA State’s initiative to legalize small amounts for recreational use is doing….. Whoa, the server’s slow.

14. RalphB says:

The path to 270 for Romney is just about blocked.

15. pdgrey says:

Local news in FL.
    9:58 – This just in from a colleague:
    Notification Center-2.jpg

• pdgrey says:

Sorry that didn’t come up right.
      CNN is basically acting like Miami Dade is personally holding nation hostage right now
      tweet from local news of reporter watching CNN

16. ecocatwoman says:

Miami-Dade, the center of Cuban-Americans in Florida: Obama winning 2 to 1 over Rombot.

• pdgrey says:

10:19 – Obama’s still small lead is growing in Florida with about 86% of votes still in, but people are still voting here in Miami-Dade. Reportedly 174 precincts in the county still have people voting here.

17. Beata says:

Tea Party crazy Mike Pence has won the Governor’s race in Indiana. That is really bad news. Mitch Daniels was a country club conservative. Pence is a radical right-winger on social issues.

I’m still determined to leave this state after my mother passes away.

I think it’s all over but the crying for Lord Mitt and Lady Ann.

It was fun blogging with you all tonight.

18. Fannie says:

Tell them people down in Florida they got benefits coming…………..be ready when the train pulls in to Miami Dade.

Barack Obama wins New Mexico.

NBC Politics ‏@NBCPolitics

‘War on women’ may have helped female candidates http://nbcnews.to/Szy00G

21. Pat Johnson says:

The wine is going to my head.

Not only do I “love” you all I want to “marry” you as well.

22. mablue2 says:

This is going to be a very long day for me. It’s 4:30 am here and I already know I’ll be sleeping tin the office. If things turn as I expec, it would be worth it.

My state isn’t releasing results until 8 pm Pacific time, 15 minutes away. We are all mail-in, just like Oregon. But here in Washington you can postmark your ballot by today and it’s still good.

Our governor’s race will likely not be decided for several days. Just like the last 2 elections…

We have a “marriage for all” initiative on the ballot. When (if?) it wins, Mouse & girlfriend can come up here and get married!

23. ANonOMouse says:

Todd Akin’s concession speech is proselytizing. Goddam Todd, go home asshole.

24. ecocatwoman says:

Joe Walsh goes down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tammy Duckworth wins.

Iowa, California, Washington, Oregon & Hawaii 4 Obama! Closer to 270! NBC projecting OHIO win 4 Obama. IT’S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2ND TERM 4 OBAMA!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!! Sorry for screaming, but it’s over at 11;15.