Friday Nite Lite: Wake the F#@k Up!

Good Evening!

Time for another cartoon post, damn…it seems like the week flew by doesn’t it? Before we get to the funnies, here are a couple of news links I think you may find interesting.

Over at National Journal, they have a page that maps out Muslim Protests Around the World. They are supposed to be updating it as more hot spots come into play…gives me the creeps just seeing all those dots of violence across the globe.

In New Hampshire, they are suppressing the vote before the new voter id law comes into effect. Assholes.

And, this little news blip from NYP that I am really looking forward to: Samuel L. Jackson to support Obama in a provocative new ad calling on voters to “Wake the F–k Up”

They picked the perfect actor for a political ad loaded with f-bombs.

Samuel L. Jackson will film a provocative spot supporting President Obama’s re-election bid as early as tomorrow — telling voters to “Wake the f–k up, Vote for Obama.”

The ad is a riff on Jackson’s viral video “Go the F–k to Sleep,” where he narrates a children’s book written by Adam Mansbach.

It’s paid for by the Jewish Council for Education and Research Super PAC — which earlier this summer aired an ad of comedian Sarah Silverman offering “free lesbian sex” to billionaire Sheldon Adelson if he stopped supporting GOP nominee Mitt Romney.

It is coming out on Youtube Sept. 24th and I can’t wait. And if you want to laugh at something, I say check this out:

Samuel L. Jackson Beer

Drink Samuel L. Jackson’s beer — before he gets medieval on yo’ ass. (1:15)

Alright, let’s get on with the funnies…The cartoon pages were filled with things about Romney and his appalling performance the other day. Actually, it really wasn’t a performance act per say,  it was his real personality showing through.

Cagle Post » Political Posturing

Political Posturing © Steve Sack,The Minneapolis Star Tribune,romney,posturing,consulate,us,terror,embassy,death

Cagle Post » Romney Campaign Flies Flag at Full Staff

Romney Campaign Flies Flag at Full Staff © RJ Matson,The New York Observer,Romney Campaign Flies Flag at Full Staff,Libya,Ambassador Stevens,US Flag,Half Staff,Foreign Policy,2012 Election,2012 Presdential Election,Mitt Romney,Romney-libya

Cagle Post » Libya Tragedy

Libya Tragedy © Mike Keefe,Cagle Cartoons,libya; ambassador; stevens; riot; romney; political; election; campaign

Now a few comments on the Mideast situation in general:

Cagle Post » Suspenders

Suspenders © Joe Heller,Green Bay Press-Gazette,Suspenders, foreign policy, Embassy Killings, libya, embassador, Chris Stevens,Sam Bacile, Innocence of Muslims, terrorists, movie, islam, hate

I thought that one was clever…

Cagle Post » War and Oil

War and Oil © Bill Day,Cagle Cartoons,Romney, Big Oil, money, war

And that one has me singing this song:

Cagle Post » Plan to Attack Iran

Plan to Attack Iran © Pat Bagley,Salt Lake Tribune,Iran, Israel, Uncle Sam, United States, Strike, Nuclear, Atomic, Weapons, WMD, Netanyahu, Bibi, Ahmadinejad, Khameini, Attack

Now for a ride on the Romney/Ryan Express:

Romney Ryan Crossing © Adam Zyglis,The Buffalo News,romney, ryan, president, white house, election, race, gop, tax, policies, middle class, poor, railroaded, republican, plan, medicare, medicaid, mortgage, deduction

I think the better train to be getting on board is the love train:

Okay, now that you got your funk on…just a couple of more funnies to go!

Cagle Post » Twitter Trolls

Twitter Trolls © Paul Zanetti,Australia,twitter,trolls,phone,internet

And this from my favorite cartoonist, Mike Luckovich:

9/14 Mike Luckovich cartoon: Super-sized soft drinks | Mike Luckovich

mike091412

Sad but true, innit!

Have a wonderful evening, I will be enjoying a Friday Night Lights tradition, aka high school football game, with this little nip in the air its sure to be a good one.

So…in my best Mr. Samuel L. Jackson impersonation…this is a muthafukking open thread!

About these ads

48 Comments on “Friday Nite Lite: Wake the F#@k Up!”

“Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherf&&king snakes on this motherf&&king plane!”

Have a great time at the game, JJ, and thanks for the funnies!

The funniest shark movie ever made.

4. ANonOMouse says:

You outdid yourself tonight JJ. I especially liked the cartoon of BiBi hiding behind Uncle Sam while trying to take out Iran.

5. pdgrey says:

BB these are great! I’ve been downstairs typing up a storm,when i noticed I was alone, silly me! I loved that Troll one, and anything with Samuel Jackson has to be good.

The one with the American flags lowered and the Romney flag flying high is amazing. It says so much with a simple image.

7. HT says:

JJ – great roundup. Got a really good chuckle out of the Romney/Ryan express.
    BB – the sharks should have left Jackson alone and gone for the fat heads in the Republican party. In case anyone is wondering why I’m so concerned, what happens there affects us up here eventually. I’ve seen your politicians leaning more and more retruactive, and it really worries me, because your right wing zealots are giving our home grown variety hope and both of them are lobbying our government, which is not a true Canadian conservative government, but a republican government. I am very worried.

• HT says:

That should be retroactive, not retruactive. One of the problems with commenting lately is the floating nature of the sign in notification. I.E. HT: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account. It floats about the comment box, so you cannot see what you are typing. However, if they are not charging, who am I to complain, which means you will have to put up with my typing mistakes.

Really? That doesn’t happen to me. But we’re not spelling Nazis here. I can always fix things for you if I’m around.

• Seriously says:

I remember when Harper first got in, everyone acted like it was no big deal because Canada doesn’t really support American-style wingers, he didn’t have a majority, it was just a stop-gap and it was only a matter of time before his party would be voted out, why, any time anyone wanted to, they’d be voted out in a flash. It just goes to show that the future is unpredictable and none of the prognosticators know what they’re talking about.

• HT says:

Not everyone – all of my Liberal and NDP friends were devastated. Mind you, Harper is a dicator of sorts, so he’s kept a very tight leash on all of his socially regressive friends, however our military budget is becoming larger at the expense of our humanitarian and social budget. it’s worrisome to say the least.

• Seriously says:

I meant all of the pundits and “experts” were as sanguine as could be, no offense intended to your NDP and Liberal friends. :)

• Thanks HT, that news about Canada and Iran is strange…keep us up to date on that.

8. janicen says:

These are so funny, and just what I needed after a very disappointing day. I went to another protest of the VA Board of Health where they were to once again consider placing onerous restrictions on abortion clinics. The board voted to exempt existing clinics from the regulations back in June by a count of 7 to 6, if I’m remembering correctly. Then our Attorney General, Ken Cuccinelli refused to certify the boards vote and proceeded to threaten and intimidate board members. It worked, the board reversed itself by a count of 13 to 2. One man on the board who voted his conscience was actually in tears on the local news.

The crazies were out in force this time with pictures of dead zygotes and even two panel trucks with pictures of aborted fetuses kept driving around the area where we were protesting. I have so much more to tell but I’m tired and sad. you can read more about it here.

Rachel had a big segment on that. Good for you! We need to fight these freaks!

• janicen says:

Freaks is right but not just freaks, they’re mean, hateful, bullies. All of our people stayed on our side and followed the instructions from the police. The pro-life assholes were coming up to us and trying to intimidate us by taking pictures and making comments. Everyone kept a cool head but they really showed what they’re all about.

Yes, I heard Rachel talking about it too.

• RalphB says:

Sadly, the wingnuts are counting on people who are pro-choice to not vote on that issue while their people will vote on the single issue. It’s worked for them for a long time but I really hope this time, women kick their butts into the street.

• Yes Janicen thank you for going out there and standing up to those PLUBs.

• HT says:

While I’m not usually vindictive, I had to bear children that had no chance of living when I was young. I’m not normally machievallian, but if they want to leave pictures of dead zygotes, then when not leave pictures of malformed born infants who died shortly thereafter on their front door stoops. I know, liberals don’t do that sort of stuff, but darn it all, enough is enough.

• janicen says:

I would have cringed at the idea before yesterday when I saw first hand what a bunch of psychopaths they are, now I think it’s really a fine idea. Really.

They always have pictures of 1-day-old infants masquerading as 10-week fetuses. They must think that at conception when finally a sperm gets accepted by an ova, boingggg! a baby-shape/miniature human appears. I hate their non-anatomically correct images. If they ever saw what a clump of cells an embryo is, or a fetus tadpole, they’d faint.

9. Seriously says:

I love those cartoons! I really hope that the election workers in New Hampshire are aware of the situation now. Even if not all of them understand the law, voters should at least be allowed to cast provisional ballots which can be counted later when a judge throws out the challenges. The fact that voters were actually turned away from the primary without being allowed to cast provisional ballots is alarming.

10. Hey, I laughed about this…a cynical laugh mind you: Google rejects White House request to pull Mohammad film clip | Reuters

But if you put a clip up from any movie, tv, music etc from a big name hollywood company they will jump on you and block you.

OMG! People have died because of that idiotic clip.

• RalphB says:

Doesn’t seem to be much reason to leave it up but I don’t see any copyright violations either. I think it’s a little late now anyway,

• Seriously says:

You’d think the filmmakers would have the decency to pull it themselves. Yes, sure, you have the right to be assholes, but you don’t feel the least bit of responsibility to try and prevent someone else from dying due to your idiocy? It’s not like they’re taking a stand for a great piece of art, just being assholes.

Here’s some evidence for my strong dislike of Tom Hanks. He has signed to be in the movie of Bill O’Reilly’s dopey book on Lincoln.

• Ralph, I don’t know if this has been linked to yet, but it was interesting: Romney poses, as militants burn a US consulate over Islamophobic film – Opinion – Al Jazeera English

Although some of the Egyptian demonstrators may have, as Ashraf Khalil argues, sincerely thought that the films demeaning the Prophet Muhammadwere being widely shown in American theatres and on television, I think the jihadis’ leadership cynically manufactured this ‘crisis’ in order to grab headlines and force the post-revolutionary governments to take a stand. If they stood with the Americans, they’d be guilty of blasphemy themselves. If they stood with the jihadis, they’d have surrendered some legitimacy to the latter. There is a third possibility, which is to deploy police or army against the vigilantes on grounds they had disturbed the peace, and simply declaring that the US embassy isn’t responsible for all the nonsense put up on YouTube.

• RalphB says:

That was written earlier. I think some of his article doesn’t hold up now but it seems mostly correct in broad strokes.