Caturday: Walking the DogsPosted: August 25, 2012
Morning, news junkies!
Big Dawg is looking something DAYUM, isn’t he? Mmmm.
And, Miss Hillary–heroine in a hat plus big goofy smile? Never anything better than that.
Alrighty, so this was my fav political photo of the week. How about yours?
NEWS TO PERUSE with your morning cuppa:
- The Democrats Prepare for a Post-Election Grand Compromise with the GOP [BAR/Glen Ford] … whee, well, glad we’re all fired up about tribal D’s vs. R’s until November since it makes a huge difference and all.
- BTW, MONA THE WONK Announcement: after FOUR YEARS of careful consideration and tortured lesser of evils logic, I’ve decided to vote Obama in 2012. Like Michelle O. once said, he’s stinky and snores. So I have to hold my nose… However, Mitt Romney’s pick of Paul “I’ma eat your Medicare” Ryan was enough to swing my vote. Decisively. I don’t find him to be skeery because he’s Republican. I find it scary and completely bizarre that he is in politics period. Go wield your exacto knife on the play-do, P-Ryan. Leave our social safety net alone. Vouchers is gambling…that is not a safety net.
- That said, I think the following read from the WSWS a couple weeks ago deserves everybody’s attention regardless of who you are voting for/against…if anybody in DC cares about unemployment, it sure as frackity-frack doesn’t show…. Washington’s bipartisan class-war policy: No jobs, no benefits:
The expiration last week of one of the two federal emergency unemployment benefits programs marks an escalation in the American ruling class’ attack on working people. Idaho, the last state participating in the federal government’s Extended Benefits (EB) program, made its final extended unemployment payment. Across the country, half a million people have been cut off of extended benefits since the start of the year.
- OH and BTW, Mitt, the reason no one’s asked to see your birth certificate is that most people have concluded you are a zombie. (No, NO SWIPE, Buddy. Just a friendly “joke.”)
- Hit and Run. Saw it last night–LOVED. Bradley Cooper–who I just cannot get enough of, this guy oozes IT–has a really great classic scene that I hope all my fellow animal-lovers out there get to see and enjoy as much as I did…Had me in stitches! GO SEE!
- In what I’ve dubbed “Grow, Colorado!” news, NAACP Backs Marijuana Legalization In CO, Citing Drug War’s Toll On People Of Color [ThinkProgress]
- Saved the best for last:
Where is that America that I know?
It is still here. I find it in my neighborhood where kids of all backgrounds meet on the playground for an afternoon of basketball. It is here, in the hearts and minds of all those who have stopped me in the street, reached out with love, and lent a moment of their time to learn about this turbaned person in jeans who loves life and loves all people.
I see that America. I love that America.
–Balpreet Kaur, age 19, Ohio State University
Alright, Sky Dancers…You know what to do! Have a Copacetic Caturday and fill up those comments with some good discussin’s