Thursday Evening: No news allowed…

Wow, this week has been a nightmare…then I logon to WordPress, and see the title of Ann’s post, Mitt Romney Sex Symbol? and I almost puked! ;)

So tonight this post has no news items. Which I think is a good thing.

8/23 Mike Luckovich cartoon: Clayton County sheriff | Mike Luckovich

mike082312

Uh…let me explain that one about the sheriff.  Well, stranger things have happened.

8/24 Mike Luckovich cartoon: Preserving Medicare | Mike Luckovich

082412mike

Cagle Post » Crazy Afghan War

Crazy Afghan War © Pat Bagley,Salt Lake Tribune,Troops,Afghanistan,Afghan,Police,Army,Fragging,Frag,US Troops,Taliban,Allies,Afghan Army,Psychiatrist,War

Cagle Post » Rep Akin and Abortion

Rep Akin and Abortion © Daryl Cagle,MSNBC.com,Representative,Congressman,Todd Akin,Missouri,senate race,Claire McCaskill,abortion,legitimate rape

Cagle Post » Akin Gaffe

Akin Gaffe © Nate Beeler,The Columbus Dispatch,akin, missouri, shut, down, abortion, rape, legitimate, politics, senate, republican, gop, elephant, pregnant, pregnancy, women, gaffe

Cagle Post » coletoon GOP uterus

coletoon    GOP uterus © John Cole,The Scranton Times-Tribune,gop, women, abortion, reproductive rights, akin, romney, ryan, 2012

Cagle Post » GOP Convention

GOP Convention © Rob Tornoe,Media Matters,Convention,GOP,RNC,Republican,Sean Hannity,Fox News,Tampa

Cagle Post » no exceptions

no exceptions © David Fitzsimmons,The Arizona Star,republicans, akin, abortion

About these ads

23 Comments on “Thursday Evening: No news allowed…”

1. Oops, I was in such a hurry I forgot to mention it is an open thread.

2. embalming fluid!!!!

I love political cartoons — it is easier to see the stupidity in the “abstract ” cartoon.

embalming fluid and those eyes.

4. ANonOMouse says:

JJ…..When I saw the “We built this” cartoon it reminded me of an idea I’ve had about how the Democratic Convention should respond to and counter that theme, shoving it right back in their face. The Dems should use the theme “WE built this TOGETHER” and then use the images of everything we’ve done collectively, Dams, bridges, highways, TVA, Internet, Public Utilities, Public Universities, Public Schools, Hospitals, Washington DC, State Capitals, Military victories, etc, etc, etc . There are a million ways to play that theme, ways that every American can relate to.

That’s a great idea.

• RalphB says:

Love the idea!

• ANonOMouse says:

Thanks BB & Ralph……Ever since they distorted and misued Obama’s words, I’ve been thinking about how Obama could turn that phrase around and use it against them. When I read they’re using it as the theme of their convention it occurred to me that it gave the Dems the perfect opportunity to counter with Obama’s real meaning.

I wish there was some way to get the idea to them. Who knows, maybe someone has already thought about it.

I’m just glad to know my brains still working

• Oh that is good mouse.

5. RalphB says:

This is interesting and it’s not news.

Politify: Weigh Your Magic Beans on A Granular Scale!

6. RalphB says:

In news Lindsey Graham can use, with a great video from The Onion:

Gay Bathhouse in Tampa Gearing Up for Republican National Convention

Tampa is getting ready to receive 50,000 raging conservatives for the Republican National Convention on Aug. 27, and one business in particular is looking forward to it: a gay owned and operated bath house.

As Roll Call first reported, Ybor Resort & Spa is offering free access for closeted Republicans to mix business and pleasure. The bathhouse amenities include a 300-square foot Jacuzzi, “gang showers,” and an S&M dungeon-themed room outfitted with leather rocking sex bench and hand cuffs. The gay spa clarifies: “You provide the slave.”

The influx of GOP delegates has revolutionized the city in Central Florida. The Onion took notice of this and recently released this parody video showing how Tampa Bay gay sex workers say they plan to rake in the cash with the secretly gay Republican politicians during the Republican National Convention.

7. RalphB says: