Last night Lawrence O’Donnell had a absolutely brilliant rant on draft dodger Mitt Romney spouting “utter gibberish” in his “economic speech” in Cincinnati, Ohio yesterday. Where does he get this stuff?

World War II vets can’t “hold the torch as high as they used to?” “It’s not America’s torch?” WTF?!

Mitt Romney is completely clueless about what military men and women do in war, because

Romney men do not go to war. Romney men do not join the American military. None of Mitt Romney’s sons have joined. Mitt Romney refused to join when he was an able bodied young man during the Vietnam war. He used four draft deferments to avoid being drafted into the Vietnam war. And his father did not serve in the military either. So in Romney world, World War II vets are an exotic species.

But most guys I know who were Romney’s age woke up every day, when they were kids, with a World War II vet in the house. My father was a World War II vet, my uncles were World War II vets, all of the fathers in my neighborhood were World War II vets. Seventy-five percent of all eligible men served in World War II. Barack Obama grew up in a home with a World War II vet, his grandfather. But Romney world is a world apart from that chapter of the American experience.

Please watch the whole thing. It’s priceless. I can certainly understand why Romney’s handlers don’t want him to talk to the press. Whenever he talks extemporaneously, he lets loose with the most bizarre verbal diarrhea that I have ever heard.

And you have to see this video that Gregg Mitchell posted yesterday. It’s an actual real Mitt Romney ad from 2008. Did you know he can “turn water into wine?”

This is an open thread.

About these ads

16 Comments on “Mocking Mitt: “The Weirdest Draft Dodger Who Has Ever Won A Major Party’s Nomination for President””

1. ANonOMouse (Mouse) says:

“I can certainly understand why Romney’s handlers don’t want him to talk to the press. Whenever he talks extemporaneously, he lets loose with the most bizarre verbal diarrhea that I have ever heard.”

BB…….Thanks for posting this piece. As badly as Obama can screw it up during extemporaneous speeches he looks brilliant next to Romney. Everytime I listen to Romney speak I’m stunned at how uninformed he is and his lack of poise. I thought his comment earlier this week that the Federal Government doesn’t pay for teachers, fire fighters or policeman was incredibly ignorant.

Thanks for the video link to Lawrence O’Donnell. I saw part of the story last night, looking forward to viewing the entire segment.

You have to watch it! You won’t believe that stuff that Romney said. I can’t imagine how anyone in the audience kept from laughing out loud.

• ANonOMouse (Mouse) says:

OMG!!!! That is something you have to see with your own eyes and Hear with your own ears to believe. I loved the “our generations will have to seize the torch”. I find the word “seize” a curious choice. It sounds as if we’re involved in a hostile takeover. And the “our generations” obviously doesn’t include Draft Dodger Romney or his spawn, as Lawrence noted. Again thanks for linking it, it gave me a good laugh.

“And yes, the remark about teachers, cops and firefighters not getting federal money was ignorant beyond belief. And Mitt was a governor!!”

I don’t think Mitt has ever really worked a day in his life (neither has Ann). I think he’s probably hired people to make decisions for him, which explains why he doesn’t know that the federal government through block grants and direct appropriation subsidizes The States in education, law enforcement and fire services. The more I watch Romney the more I am convinced that he has spent an entire life sheltered from the world of ordinary people and ordinary life.

• ANonOMouse (Mouse) says:

“He’s like the Forrest Gump of the plutocrats”

ROFL!

John McCain claims that corporations are not people. Does Mitt know?

3. Delphyne says:

OMG – that commercial is sickening.

I listened to it and then I couldn’t get the melody out of my head. Ugh!

• ANonOMouse (Mouse) says:

LOL!!! That campaign commercial is a fine example of what the MItt Romney campaign would look like WITHOUT Citizens United. “Corporations are people my friend”.

I can’t believe they paid for that. The musicians and the writers should stick to writing middle school talent shows.

4. Least we forget the NAVY Veterans who served on WWII. Like the ones entombed in ships that went down in epic battles – or the ships lost while in convoys supplying Europe.

Even a talking head forgets that many WWII Vets were US Navy or Army Air/Air Force.

What is it with the torch — must be some sort of Mormon symbolism that we mere mortals don’t understand. After all Mittens is going to be king of his own planet with lots of wives after he passes into the Mormon after life. Oh the images invoked by that after life!!!!!!

Actually Romney was talking about a Navy vet in that speech–a man who survived Pearl Harbor. O’Donnell referred to “the military,” which would include all branches of the service.

I think the torch must have been some stream-of-consciousness thing related to the Olympics, which is the closest Romney has ever been to partaking in a national ceremony.

• northwestrain says:

Ah yes — the Olympic torch — how could I forget. Gee I’m getting worried about you BB — you almost made sense of what Mittens was saying. (grin)

5. northwestrain says:

the Mormon church and gays.

Here’s a web link for some background and current LDS attitudes toward gay Mormons. I am aware that there are treatment camps for gay Mormon teens. I know a few who have gone through this treatment. Let’s say that Mittens has a very rigid view of gays.

We really need to know about the strict Mormons — because this is what Mittens is — a strict Mormon. This is his world view — everyone must conform to his world view — or so it seems to me. He is NOT going to change.

Next time he does a commercial he should consider this for his background …

c’mon, c’mon listen to the money talk

7. northwestrain says:

Rape in the military. (Also happens to wives living on base when husbands are deployed.)

This is being ignored — and now the gop will further the terror by banning abortion — for rapes which result in pregnancies.

Males are also raped — it sounds to me like the military is a rape culture. The officers condone rape and some are guilty of rape.