Late Night Funnies: Open Thread

Hello! A big thank you to Wonk the Vote for posting that afternoon thread

Since I am in a good mood, and do not want to read something depressing tonight, I figured we all could use a laugh… so enjoy!

Wall Street Risk © Adam Zyglis,The Buffalo News,wall street, jp morgan, chase, bank, investment, risk, bet, 2 billion, loss, mistake, gamble, invetors, regulation, self, regulate, tanning, industry, child, burn, tan, bed, cancer

Tradition of Marriage © Rob Tornoe,Media Matters,Rush Limbaugh, EIB, gay marriage, slavery, child labor, women, womens suffrage, segregation

And this from Luckovich…I always loved the way he drew GW:

This last one is for Boston Boomer, I think she will appreciate it:

And now a few links for you to check out…

33-year-old man has 30 kids by 11 different women-Ugh, you would think the guy would realize a condom is cheaper than a kid…

Earlier today, or maybe it was last night, Boston Boomer said that Romney was like a Felix Unger, so this next link might be just what Romney needs: How to Act Human: James Lipton’s Advice for Mitt Romney | Video Cafe

From New York Magazine, James Lipton has some advice for Mitt Romney.

How to Act Human: Advice for Mitt Romney From Inside the Actors Studio:

A few months ago, Brian McFadden’s weekly comic strip in the Sunday Times offered ways for Mitt Romney to improve his image. One panel showed him with me on the set of Inside the Actors Studio, under the heading “Take Acting Lessons to Appear More Relatable.”

Initially amused by this unsolicited enlistment, I’ve found myself returning spontaneously and with increasing frequency to the task, sometimes starting awake in the middle of the night with acting advice for the candidate. Convinced that the only way to exorcise this possession is to confront it, I offer the following counsel. Read on…

Have a wonderful night, this is an open thread…comment section is below, hit it!

About these ads

16 Comments on “Late Night Funnies: Open Thread”

Thanks for the cartoons, JJ. I love the one about Romney–the Dubya one is great too.

Here’s an article that made me smile–and from Fox News too: Don’t bet on Mitt Romney winning in Massachusetts.

Apparently, they’re not even going to bother running ads here. LOL

3. ecocatwoman says:

Thanks, JJ. I love James Lipton. Great piece he did on Romney.

• Yeah, I thought it was so perfect…Have a good night Connie!

• quixote says:

I saw that piece. Brilliant. He pretty much said, “You can’t act, bud. Just be your country club self.” Which I think could actually work. I doubt very much Romney has enough honesty to be able to do it, though.

4. Fannie says:

Talk about a crash – Idaho had the lowest voter turnout ever, and had the highest number of grads at Boise State ever……………..what’s up?

• The Rock says:

Wouldn’t that have been hilarious if they would have gotten the venom antidote at the Walmart pharmacy?? :D

Hillary 2012

• Seriously says:

Lol! The way things are going, the pharmacist would invoke a conscience clause and refuse to sell anti-venom to anyone who committed animal cruelty by stomping on a snake that was probably filled with innocent snake fetii.

5. ANonOMouse says:

“33-year-old man has 30 kids by 11 different women-Ugh,”

Ah, the glory, beauty, sanctity and morally superior state of hetero marriage/relationships and family unit ala carte.
    :-)