Sunday Morning Picture Show

So I’m filling in this morning, and instead of doing a traditional AM roundup, I thought I’d just share some interesting photos I found on the Deccan Chronicle’s slideshow section.

Easter celebrations from around the world… this one is my favorite:

In Gauhati, India: Christians on Easter joyously mark their belief that Christ rose from the dead after his crucifixion. (AP Photo)

Did you know that yesterday was International Pillow Fight Day?

In front of Brandenburg Gate, Berlin. (AP Photo)

From Good Friday:

India: The crucifixtion of Jesus Christ re-enacted during a 'passion play' tableau at The Mount Caramel Church in Hyderabad. (AFP Photo)

Also from Friday:

India: Tibetan monks make ceremonial offerings to the Dalai Lama at the Chime Gatsal Ling monastery in Dharmsala. Devotees prayed for his long life at a special ceremony in the monastery. (AP Photo)

Ok, so that’s all I’ve got! What’s on your blogging list this Sunday? Happy day to each and every one of you amongst our Sky Dancing community, however you choose to spend it.

About these ads

20 Comments on “Sunday Morning Picture Show”

• From the link…

On Monday, former Arkansas governor and one-time Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee will launch a three-hour radio program on almost 200 stations across the country, going voice-to-voice with Limbaugh in the noon-to-3 p.m. time slot, Monday through Friday.

Cumulus Media, which owns and operates the new program, is already pitching Huckabee to listeners and advertisers as the “safe alternative” to a man who has recently found himself under weeks of intense fire – not for the first time – and who some believe could be vulnerable to a challenge from someone offering a kinder, gentler conservative voice.

“Our tagline is, ‘More conversation, less confrontation’,” Huckabee told POLITICO. “I’m going to treat every guest with respect and civility. Nobody is going to come on and get into a shouting match with me. That’s just not my style.”

Snake in kind preacher clothing! Snake!

1. Don’t forget, it’s Passover too: http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/holidays/passover/sederplates Slideshow of Passover plates. It’s the best I could come up with….but I’m not Jewish. Just a little multiculturalism.

• As I wrote to my family and friends earlier this morning: Happy Passover-Easter-randOMMMMday-or whatever makes you HAPPY. Nomenclature really isn’t the point–it’s the HAPPY.

Peace and joy be with all of you, my Sky Dancing family! Ommmm :)

• Pilgrim says:

As to nomenclature, I believe the word Easter derives from the pagan fertility goddess Astarte. Christians bought into it as they did into many pagan rites. So as Wonk says, whatever makes you happy, it all comes down to much the same meanings. Most religions, at base, are more related than they sometimes realize.

Good morning everyone. I’ve come down with some kind of flu, and reading is a little difficult at the moment; but I appreciated those pics, Wonk!

Happy holidays to anyone who is celebrating them.

• The Rock says:

Just now getting over the bug that has been going around. Nyquill and Dayquill kept me up for work. Fight it off and get better soon! :)

Hillary 2012

3. Sopapilla-crispas?!?!

SOPA, PIPA and Now CISPA
    Online activists have now turned their sights to a House cybersecurity bill, the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA).

4. foxyladi14 says:

Happy Easter and Passover to all of my Friends here.at Sky Dancing. :)

5. Minkoff Minx says:

This is exciting…I’ve always had a fondness for Park Overall: Park Overall Asks ‘Why is My Womb Attached to a Transportation Bill?’ | Video Cafe

She is running for Senate…

6. The Rock says:

Hey Wonk! Love the pic of the Indians re-enacting Good Friday. Religion CAN be a good thing when it is not the backdrop for craziness. I know I am late to the party, but I saw a couple of things online that I wanted to share before heading off to work.

Hillary would be proud and see this as progress. Remind me why she isn’t POTUS?
    Leader.

I can only ask why?

My people back home say that the AU is looking into sending troops (led by Nigerian forces, of course.)

That’s my offering. Happy Easter to all!

Hillary 2012

Fox TV station in Orlando calls the Neo-Nazi National Socialist Party a “civil rights group.”

Via Digby.