George Zimmerman

More details keep dribbling out in the Trayvon Martin case. This morning the New York Daily News published an anonymous account from someone who worked with George Zimmerman between 2001 and 2005 [UPDATE: The Zimmerman family moved to Florida in 2002, so the 2001 date at, at least,must be incorrect.] when they acted as paid security guards for “illegal house parties,” earning between $50 and $100 per night, paid under the table. Zimmerman would have been between the ages of 17 and 21 during those years.

Zimmerman, at the center of a firestorm for shooting an unarmed black teenager a month ago, worked for two different agencies providing security to illegal house parties between 2001 and 2005, the former co-worker said.

“Usually he was just a cool guy. He liked to drink and hang with the women like the rest of us,” he said. “But it was like Jekyll and Hyde. When the dude snapped, he snapped.”

Zimmerman was fired after a particularly violent incident:

“He had a temper and he became a liability,” the man said. “One time this woman was acting a little out of control. She was drunk. George lost his cool and totally overreacted,” he said. “It was weird, because he was such a cool guy, but he got all nuts. He picked her up and threw her. It was pure rage. She twisted her ankle. Everyone was flipping out.”

As the Daily News points out, 2005 is the same year in which Zimmerman was arrested for fighting with a cop and also had a physical fight with his former fiance Veronica Zuazo that led to each of them taking out restraining orders. The anonymous source said that Zimmerman “loved the power” that came with the job.

When I read this article, I had no idea what “illegal house parties” were, but via Google, I learned that they are drinking parties or maybe raves? thrown by underage kids, perhaps when their parents are out of town–like in the movie Risky Business perhaps. According to the Daily News article, there are actually agencies that provide security for these parties.

Times sure have changed since I was in high school. I admit I’m biased, but is anyone else getting the feeling that Zimmerman is a much better candidate for being called a “thug” than Trayvon Martin?

Joe Oliver

More recently, Zimmerman has been working as a “forensic loan review analyst” (an underwriter) at Digital Risk, LLC. One of his co-workers was Joe Oliver, a man who has been appearing regularly in the media to defend Zimmerman. Oliver, a former local and CNN news anchor, has worked at Digital Risk for the past three years as a “forensic chart review specialist.” According to Oliver’s Linked-In profile, that involves “process loans in default for forensic underwriting.”

It sounds like Oliver could have worked closely with Zimmerman. Given that Oliver’s wife is a close friend of Zimmerman’s mother-in-law, I wonder if Oliver helped Zimmerman get the job?

About these ads

23 Comments on “George Zimmerman was Fired from his “Under the Table” Security Guard Job for Aggressive Behavior”

1. Pat Johnson says:

What appears to me is that a cover up began shortly after the shooting when the judge stepped in and called a halt to any further investigation of the event. This tied the hands of the law enforcement officials and they thought they could get away with this because of the “self defense”law.

The parents pressed for more details and this stuff began to “dribble out” little by little. The video seems to be the one piece of evidence that offers more of what transpired as the “injuries” Zimmerman claimed to have suffered are not at all visible on film. Having your head slammed into concrete should be more apparent then what is shown as Zimmerman calmly walks into the police station without displaying any signs of injury or distress over having just killed a man. His clothing looks remarkably unstained and undisturbed for someone just coming from “hand to hand” combat with another person.

The police reports are “suspect” since the judge stepped in so quickly to quash holding Zimmerman for questioning and could have easily been written up after the fact.

My belief is that a young boy died at the hands of a man who saw himself held up as a community “hero” which tends to support his past behavior in wanting to become an officer of the law.

The gun law was being used to “excuse” his actions that would never call into question his actions which led to this unnecessary death.

Zimmerman’s father was “connected” to circles of people in high places who could be relied upon to “fix” things. This does not exonerate the police but it does begin to find cause why Zimmerman was not called upon to explain himself from the start.

I hope the parents of Trayvon Martin can finally one day find peace. What they have done is throw light on events that probably happen more often than we would all like to acknowledge.

Do you know for sure that Zimmerman’s father was “connected?” I’d love to know if he donated a lot of money to DA Wolfinger’s campaigns. Wolfinger is the one who made the decision not to arrest Zimmerman; the case never went to a judge.

Zimmerman’s father was a magistrate in Virginia. Virginia officials have explained that that isn’t the same thing as a judge. I need to find out more about what he did.

• Pat Johnson says:

Actually I am assuming that there was some connection here owing to both being involved with the courts in one way or another.

Someone on tv (and god only knows which one of the talking heads said this since so many have weighed in) suggested that they are both connected through the Florida Republican Party. Wolfinger’s immediate insertion does leave room for speculation.

That alone may be the interference that took place so soon after the reported events.

• Minkoff Minx says:

I would also like to see Georges cell phone log, see who he called right after he killed Trayvon. I believe magistrate work on matters like small claims court…but it can be different in other states.

We are one the road right now to the orchid show in Asheville, NC. See you on Monday!

Here’s the info about the role of Virginia magistrates. They don’t hear cases or act as judges.

George’s father worked as a magistrate for six years.

Have fun, Minx!!

You could be right, Pat. Apparently, the father lives in a wealthy neighborhood–much better than the son’s neighborhood. He showed hostility to Obama. He’s clearly a Repub. I’ll bet he knows the DA or someone else who knows the DA.

• janicen says:

I agree, Pat. The treatment of Zimmerman has the smell of a coverup and that implies that someone was connected. One thing is clear from everything that has come out about George Zimmerman, we certainly don’t want him to get off without some repercussions or consequences so that he is back out on the street looking for his next pseudo law enforcement roll. He is a danger to society.

• Fannie says:

Pat, after reading this article on the Grand Jury of Texas clearing Joe Horn for killing 2 burglars he thought was black……I’ve come to the conclusion, nothing has changed in this country.

It’s sort of funny that George Zimmerman’s father has the same name as Bob Dylan: Robert Zimmerman.

3. RalphB says:

Sorry for being OT but I wonder what Dak thinks about this. The Louisiana Attorney General Buddy Caldwell advocating for single payer outside the Supreme Court.

I found an article that says Robert Zimmerman became a Florida Magistrate after he moved to the state. He is 64. His wife’s name is Gladys. Before he got married and moved to Sanford, George lived with his parents in Lake Mary. For a time, George’s name was on the deed to their home, but his name was removed from the deed in 2004.

I also learned that Robert Zimmerman was in the military, I don’t know which branch.

No wonder the dad has so much money–he’s probably double dipping.

• Fannie says:

Likely Korean Conflict, or Vietnam Era Veteran.

He’s only my age, 64. It would have to be Vietnam era, but who knows if it was Army, Air Force, Marines, etc. That’s all I meant.

The more I think about this, the more I’m willing to bet that Zimmerman’s father paid Joe Oliver to make the talk show rounds. And the brother Robert doesn’t even speak to George and hasn’t for years. His dad must have made him do it too. The father was extremely authoritarian when they were kids, according to several articles.

5. mjames says:

I would like to know if there is a relationship (Florida Republican Party?) between the state attorney who initially made the decision not to charge Zimmerman and Zimmerman’s father. If so, what is that relationship? Further, why was the state attorney at the scene? Is that SOP? And did he have any conversations with Zimmerman’s father before he made the decision to let Zimmerman go? The state attorney stepped aside because of a “conflict of interest.” What exactly is that conflict of interest? Does Zimmerman’s father have political contacts higher up on the food chain than this state attorney? If so, what are those contacts? (This would be not so much on account of his being some sort of magistrate, but of his being a member in good standing of the far-right NRA ALEC crowd, though his veneer of quasi-judicial experience wouldn’t hurt.)

I’m unsure as to what the video shows, beyond a well-built man who may be part-Hispanic and several decidedly white cops.

If, as Zimmerman’s father stated, Zimmerman was simply out on errands or going to the store (I can’t remember which he said), why in heaven’s name was he carrying a concealed weapon? Why? Why? Why? I do not understand. Is his penis so small, or does he ejaculate so prematurely, or is he so unable to get it up at all, that he needs his substitute penis with him, hidden on his person, whenever he leaves home? Well, it sure appears that his substitute also fired off prematurely. In addition, Zimmerman’s father appeared to have some fairly racist things to say on the TV. Is that where his son developed his “goon”-hating?

I thought about that a few days ago. I wondered if he was a campaign contributor or a volunteer or something.

I haven’t been able to find any connection yet, but Wolfinger is only the state attorney for that district of Florida, so he may not live that far away. I know he’s a Republican, and the woman he appointed is also a Republican. I suspect the father and Wolfinger have some connection. It will come out eventually. The networks are competing for info now. NBC sent Michael Isakoff down there!