In Indiana, Even The Girl Scouts Are Vilified

Mitch Daniels should hang his head in shame.  Neither a motorcycle nor a Marlon Brando pose can sweeten the latest news from the Great State of the Indiana.

The Girl Scouts are under siege. Yes, these Girl Scouts.

Innocent? I think not.

Making this pledge.

Certainly you can see the security threat.  Why?  Because they’re . . . girls.  They may grow up to be She Wolves with hearts and minds of their own.  They might even grow up to be SEXUAL beings.  Ooooo, scary!

Better safe than sorry, according to Bob Morris, a Republican Indiana State Rep, who refused to support a resolution to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Girl Scouts of America [GSA].  Why?  According to Morris, the Girl Scouts of America is a ‘radical’ organization, sexualizing little girls and promoting homosexuality.

Notice how frequently the word “radical” is being used in political conversation. Women’s healthcare is . . . radical.  Having a sense that we’d do well not to spoil our own nest [the environment] for the sake of Extraction Capitalism is a sure sign of radical intent.  Contraception and abortion are radical ideas, just an excuse for eugenic tinkering, a sneaky way of culling the herd.

However, probing a woman with a transvaginal device is peachy keen, something that a pregnant woman should shrug off because she’s already allowed herself to be penetrated, so says CNN contributor and Andrew Brietbart blogger, Dana Loesch.

It’s no different than consensual sex.

No, Loesch was not kidding.  This is what we do to Girl Scouts when they grow up!

Thank goodness for cultural warriors like Bob Morris, a man willing to flush and call out the Girl Scouts for what they truly are and have always been–an evil cabal.

Who knew the GSA was an active arm of Planned Parenthood, an organization that has poisoned the well, corrupted our girls, led them down that crooked path of feminism, lesbianism and OMG—communism!

Morris’s letter of concern to his esteemed legislators can be found here in its entirety.  I’ve provided a small sample below, but word of warning: Do Not Read this letter or any small part while drinking coffee, soda, wine or any beverage.  Unless, that is, you’re prepared to mop up your keyboard.

Nonetheless, abundant evidence proves that the agenda of Planned Parenthood includes sexualizing young girls through the Girl Scouts, which is quickly becoming a tactical arm of Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood instructional series and pamphlets are part of the core curriculum at GSA training seminars. Denver Auxiliary Bishop James D. Conley of Denver last year warned parents that “membership in the Girl Scouts could carry the danger of making their daughters more receptive to the pro-abortion agenda.”

How comforting to know that the Catholic Church strikes another note of wisdom and reason.  Did I mention the Girl Scouts no longer allow scouts to pray or sing Christmas carols?  So says, Bob Morris, a clear indication that GSA is training an army of soulless, female zombies.

The march of the female zombies

Sorry, we’re into true la-la land with this insanity.  This isn’t about religion; it’s about mental health.  In years past, a position like this accompanied by a written letter would label you certifiable.  Now, it marks you as a tri-cornered hat patriot.

Morris’s other objection to all things Girl Scouts is Michelle Obama’s position as ‘honorary’ president of the group.  By association, Morris claims that since the First Lady and President Obama are huge abortion supporters and fans of Planned Parenthood, the GSA is automatically tainted and antithetical to true American values.

I’m not even an Obama admirer but there’s a distinct whiff of McCarthyism in these endless charges.  By mere association, anything and anyone attached to Planned Parenthood or the WH are automatically labeled suspect, evil and un-American.

With that in mind, perhaps it’s time to resurrect Joseph Welch’s famous retort during the 1954 Army/McCarthy hearings.  I suspect Welch was as weary and disgusted as I am by the onslaught of mean-spirited, petty and stupid accusations.  His question is as relevant now as it was nearly 60 years ago:

Have you no sense of decency sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

24 Comments on “In Indiana, Even The Girl Scouts Are Vilified”

1. Woman Voter says:

The hate on women is geared to make women be ashamed of being women, while praising their theological misinterpretations as divine inspired. 2008 did set us back, back further than we know…the women rights orgs of yesterday would have been picking that legislator within hours.

How sad for our little girls…

• peggysue22 says:

It is no doubt hatred of women. And now even our young daughters are brought into the mix and an organization like the Girl Scouts is peppered with innuendo.

This whole thing has turned into a pathology, which has nothing to do with religion or patriotism or anything remotely decent. These people should be called out for the dirtbags they are. Or locked up in a damn looney bin!

• Woman Voter says:

Hillary touched on this, and I am old enough to remember it, most of these acts are still going on today and now in America Women and Girls are under attack:
        hillary clinton – women’s rights are human’s rights

A Marlon Brando pose? Mitch Daniels? That’s very funny.

More like a Woody Allen pose.

How on earth do the Koch brothers find these people?

4. Woman Voter says:

Woman Voter @WomanVote

In Indiana, Even The Girl Scouts Are Vilified wp.me/pgqML-9II #WarOnWomen now featuring #WarOnGirls very small #girls | #hate #GOP

PeggySue22,

Notice the short url has 911 at the end…cosmic karma working to state we are under attack…even the tiny url knows it. Thanks for the post, we need to know that this election without a woman candidate is about attacks on women and girls by those that seek to keep power for themselves and keeping women out.

5. Pat Johnson says:

As crazy as this all is, there are still people out there willing to trade Obama in for this brand of insanity.

The name “Obama” seems to drive out all reason and critical thinking when they declare they are willing to vote for any one of these nutjobs just to be rid of him.

I am not making excuses for Obama. But the opposite of what he represents is slowly making its way cross country with their terrorizing of women’s issues along with citing the Girl Scouts as a menace. And there are enough people who find nothing unpalatable or egregious when it comes to what these people represent.

When you are stating that a zygote enjoys the same rights as a human being you have lost all pretense of normality and I don’t care who you are. Male, female, Rightie, Leftie, you have gone beyond the pale.

By even suggesting that the alternative is better than Obama is either sheer stupidity or a blind hatred that cannot be explained.

Do I like him? No. But left with these choices I have no other alternative but to vote against them.

• Woman Voter says:

There really should be a third party so that people don’t vote for the less worse one. I personally can’t see voting for Biden, who kept the women in the Anita Hill hearings in a hotel and thus making Anita Hill out to be a liar. Jackie Speier was spot on when she said this was started back then, and I agree!

Santorum is basically an ad for Obama’s re-election campaign…the more Santorum says the bigger the hole he digs for a general election for the GOP.

Notice no one points out Biden’s age, yet we heard about Hillary’s all the time. Besides the Biden video on youtube is too convincing as to who I don’t want making war decisions.

• Woman Voter says:

I am still waiting for the Stupak Repeal commitment by the Democrats!

• northwestrain says:

Good thing we aren’t holding our breath!

Women are being used by both parties.

The attack on the girl scouts doesn’t surprise me. I’m expecting a call for the black robes and face covering and group homes where all unattached women will be required to live for their own protection.

6. peggysue22 says:

That 911 is on the mark! It’s time to fight back, no holds barred.

• northwestrain says:

We need a new political party. Right now that party is called “Independents”.

58% of Americans want a new party. Republicans aren’t showing up to vote for any of the clowns in the primary contests. I believe if there were a non of the above — that choice would win.

A whole lot of people have lost everything since 0bowma was elected — and he won’t be getting their vote — most likely these voters will abstain. They have lost everything and have nothing more to lose. Everything 0bowma claimed was a lie, they say.

In RV camps and parks are a mixture — some snow birds escaping the nasty weather in the north, and full timers who travel the country — then there are the — “all I have is this travel trailer”. I met several people who have said the same thing. They move around — existing on whatever they can find. Some people “dry camp” — they pull off the road and stay awhile. These are the poorest of the downwardly mobile. Food and fuel are their biggest expenses. (There are free RV dump sites — where sewer holding tanks are emptied.)

Even in the smallest towns I’ve seen homeless people living on the street, or in parks.

I’d be surprised if this segment of the population will be voting in either the primary or the General Election. I’ve asked some of the “all I have is this travel trailer” if they have voted or plan to vote — “no address” most tell me. Although some do use the RV camp as their address. I’ve not seen any stats on this particular population.

During the Grapes of Wrath era — the poor moved west. This time the mobile poor seem to be going in circles.

• Pat Johnson says:

I am for an all female party consisting of pro choice, progressive women to “take it to these asshats pronto!”

Unfortunately with gerry mandering, the lack of campaign finance reform, and the money flowing from the special interests, we may never live to see the day.

Believe me, I am not in favor of Barack Obama. But if all we have left is him or the radical conservatives who are focused on turning this nation into a dumping ground, I’ll pass on them.

Fortunately in my blue state the odds are high that Obama will carry it so I may never be faced with choosing one disaster over another.

But if the vote is close I will make an exception. The GOP is a toxic mix and should never be placed in a position of power as it stands now.

In the Santorum era, there has been a “boost” in chastity belt sales.

Except it seems they are mostly bought by men for men.

8. Beata says:

LOL at this latest bit of right-wing lunacy. It is truly insane.

I am from Indiana. When I was a Girl Scout, one of my troop leaders was Clara Kinsey ( widow of Dr. Alfred Kinsey ). She was active as a Girl Scout leader for many years and was known for taking her troops on nature walks. I can attest to the fact that we were always fully clothed during these walks. :shock: Mrs. Kinsey never discussed politics or sexuality with us. She did point out lots of interesting flowers and trees though and often used their scientific names. No doubt that is why I later became a scary radical feminist. /s

9. ralphb says:

This would be good payback, though I did think “ouch” near the end …

10. SophieCT says:

As a lifelong Girl Scout, I am surprised at the assessment of this guy, who I am sure was never a Girl Scout.

I leaned in Girl Scouts that “the friends you make and the skills you learn here will last you a lifetime.” It has turned out to be true. And while thre seems to be an over-representation of gay women and FDAs (Future Dykes of America) in the Girl Scouts, I can assure you it was us looking for a place we’d fit in and not them looking to convert little straight girls.

I can see why he thinks we’re radical:

On my honor, I will try.
    There’s a duty to be done and I say aye.
    There’s a reason to be here for a reason above.
    My honor is to try and my duty is to love.

People don’t need to know my name.
    If I’ve done any harm, then I’m to blame.
    If I’ve helped someone, then I’ve helped me.
    And I’ve opened up my eyes to see.

I’ve tucked away a song or two.
    If you’re feeling low, there’s one for you.
    If you need a friend, then I will come.
    And there’s many more where I come from

I’ll take “radical” as a compliment.