Padded Cell...looks nice doesn't it?

Into my third week of summer hell, these kids are driving me crazy.  I am seriously considering turning my bedroom into a padded cell, but I don’t think it will be enough…they will still seek me out to find PSP game cords, to fix them food, or to complain about being bored.  If a closed locked bathroom door does not keep them out…a padded cell with an iron door won’t either.

Ugh…

Alright, first in the evening news reads, something from yesterday…and possibly a perfect example why some species eat their young.

Cindy Anthony to Tot Mom: ‘I Love You’ – Nancy Grace – CNN.com Blogs

Check out the video split screen of Cindy Anthony mouthing the words, I love you, and the same time reaction from Casey Anthony.

Screenshot of split screen video from court.

Makes one just want to go up and give Casey the smack treatment this woman receives in the movie Airplane…starting at 0:13 seconds:

Anyway, here are a few links for you this afternoon.

The Obama administration is submitting a report to the US Congress, detailing their position on the actions in Libya.  This link below is to an AP article, so I won’t quote from it.  Just click the link to read it.  White House defends legality of Libya mission

The Tea Party has expanded its Child Indoctrination activities…they have moved on from the Tea Party Coloring Book version of government to a Tea Party Summer Camp that embraces right wingnut religious ideals about government.

Camp Tea Party | Mother Jones

Think summer camp and most people tend to envision mobs of kids swimming in lakes, rowing canoes, or weaving friendship bracelets and singing campfire songs. But conservative activists in Florida have come up with a novel idea for a summer camp this year: Camp Tea Party. In what sounds eerily like indoctrination camp, a few Tampa kids will be spending part of their summer learning about the evils of European socialism and the Christian roots of the Constitution at the “Tampa Liberty School,” a summer camp created by conservative activists from a Tampa 9/12 group. Their camp cheers will include such mottoes as “government can’t force me to be charitable” and “I believe in God.”

The kids will be following a curriculum based on a similar camp in Kentucky.

The camp is a hybrid of vacation Bible school and Glenn Beck. The organizers modeled the camp after one started in Kentucky last year that seems to have taken much of its curriculum straight from Beck’s favorite writer, the late W. Cleon Skousen, author of some dubious and occasionally racist histories of the nation and the bestselling 5,000 Year Leap. In the Kentucky camp, kids learned, among other things, that the early American settlers starved to death because they were communists, a piece of Skousen dogma.

The Tampa Liberty School is hoping to bring their twisted version of history and government into the public schools as well.

…according to the St. Petersburg Times. “We’ve had classes for adults,” Karen Jaroch, who chairs the Tampa 912 Project, told the paper. “Now we want to introduce a younger generation to economics and history, but in a fun way.”

If you would like to read the St. Pete Times article, here you go:  Tea party group offers summer camp – St. Petersburg Times

My only response to this? Ugh…just disgusted.

And, in more disgusting news:  North Carolina GOP Overrides Veto, Axes Planned Parenthood Funding

I know I linked to this article in today’s comments, but it deserves a front page mention. Especially since my Morning Reads post today was focused on new developments in the GOP’s war against women.

Republican state representatives in North Carolina voted to override Democratic Gov. Bev Perdue’s veto of the state budget Wednesday morning, ensuring that a provision to strip all federal and state money from Planned Parenthood will take effect on July 1. North Carolina is now the third state, after Indiana and Kansas, to defund the family planning provider because it also provides abortions.

Planned Parenthood of North Carolina (PPNC), which has nine clinics across the state, provides affordable birth control, preventative health care and family planning services to over 25,000 men and women. Without the $434,000 a year it usually receives in state and federal funds, Planned Parenthood says it will now have to axe its teen pregnancy prevention and adolescent parenting programs and force its low-income patients to pay out of pocket.

“The biggest impact is gonna be on the men and women we serve,” said Melissa Reed, vice president of public policy for Planned Parenthood Health Systems. “There are 12- to 14-week waits for women to get into the health department for birth control or breast cancer screenings, but we can see patients the very same week. The health department relies on Planned Parenthood to fill that gap, and now we will be prohibited from serving as that essential safety net provider.”

A 12–14 week wait now for appointments to get birth control and breast cancer screenings? It is painfully obvious that Planned Parenthood is providing a much-needed service to their patients. In fact, sounds like they need more funding than to be defunded by fetus fanatic Republicans.  However, this Democratic governor from NC has done her own fair share of damage to women, by passing that horrid “Woman’s Right to Know Act.”

So, what are you laughing about this evening? Post a silly comment cause I need to laugh…otherwise my next blog post will be from inside the funny farm…where life is beautiful.

About these ads

31 Comments on “SDB Evening News Reads for 061511: Summer, if only school was in session year round…”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

CNN is now interviewing Elmer Fud…I mean Barney Frank, and he is sounding a bit like a GOP rep when it comes to Libya. I’ll put a link to the interview when it is available.

2. Beata says:

Not funny, unless you are a Social Darwinist: Children on Medicaid routinely denied care or wait twice as long for care as children with private insurance

Someone should make an ad saying that Republicans are in favor of breast cancer.

The big news here is that Bruins are playing for the Stanley Cup tonight. Hockey hasn’t been this big around here since the early 70s. The Bruins last won the cup in 1972. Since the game is in Vancouver, the Bruins wanted to open up the Boston Garden and let people come in and watch the game together. But the Mayor of Boston nixed that. He is also forcing bars to stop serving alcohol after the second period, they have to black out their windows so people can’t stand outside and watch, and they can’t let anyone in after the second period.

Mayor Menino–what a party poopah!!

• Minkoff Minx says:

What an idiot Menino is…very disappointed. This is a big thing if Boston wins.

• Thursday's Child says:

what a party poopah!!

Yeah, he sounds like a pahty poopah –

I was in Boston once, years ago. Drove up there with my father to pick up my aunt from the hospital. When we got to Boston he had to stop and ask for directions to Parker Hill Rd. (he didn’t even know the name of the hospital. In fact, it was Peter Bent Brigham). The Bostonian we asked leaned down to the car window and said “What? Paahka Hill Road?” Too funny!

LOL! I don’t know how to break this to you, but New Jersey and New Yawk accents sound funny to people who don’t live there.

• Thursday's Child says:

LOL! I know that very well, BB! I did live in Indiana for years and heard them react to my accent. I do slur my r’s, as Bostonians do, but the Boston slur of that letter seems more pronounced to me than the New York slur. It’s all in good fun!

5. WomanVoter says:

dredeyedick
    @anonopn Dead-Missing-Jailed BP whistleblowers:

via @CineversityTV

Interesting…

Amazing stuff going on in Greece. When are Americans going to start protesting?

I love that they are throwing yogurt!

Democrats may strip Anthony Weiner of committee assignment

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/57080.html#ixzz1PO5reuBR

Texas man dies while raping elderly woman.

A Texas man died while raping a 77-year-old woman, local media reported.

Isabel Chavelo Gutierrez, 53, broke into the woman’s rural home armed with a knife and attacked her.

But in the midst of the rape he complained he wasn’t feeling well and “stopped having sex with her so he could rest,” the Corpus Christi Caller reported citing the local sheriff’s office.

The registered sex offender continued to fondle her, however, then rolled over and died.

9. Beata says:

Let’s face it: There is a war against the poor going on in this country. It’s not just against women. It’s also against children, the disabled, the elderly, and the long-term unemployed. It’s against anyone who is poor, vulnerable, and weak in our society. I see it every day in the headlines, and in my own life, and the lives of people I know. And the war against the poor is not only being waged by Republicans. Too many Democrats are joining in, either actively or by not resisting as these Social Darwinist policies are being implemented at the state and federal level. It’s a very bad time to be poor in America. I think it is going to get much worse.

10. Minkoff Minx says:

Hey, that same group of hackers that got control of the Senate’s server has hacked into the CIA website.
    CIA Website is down, LulzSec takes credit for the hack [Updated] – latimes.com

11. sophie says:

Great post…you must be a fan of “A Confederacy of Dunces” I presume, because that’s the only other place I’ve seen Minkoff and minx together! It’s my all time favorite tome.